400 custom cover

No, not really..... I had my old truck camper cover still hanging around and tried it on the 400. Seems to work. It probably won't last as long as the $500 one sold just for the 400, but it does what I need right now, and that's keeping the pollen and leaves off . It does give some protection from the rain and it does breath. Maybe not as pretty as the $500 one, but oh well.....

North Florida T@B 400 towed by a 2014 Nissan Frontier

Comments

• db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    edited March 2018
    Just don't pull on it when it's wet or it will tear. They do the job just fine.
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• robptrobpt Member Posts: 90
    Okay, I'm sure I won't be winning the 'mod of the year' award with this, especially since I put the cover on inside out, but in reality, what am I missing with this? Seriously, I want to protect my 400 from excessive sun, rain, dirt, and currently pollen, and I have had good luck with these covers on the my truck campers for protection. In the rain and humidity during the summer, they are lucky to last 2 years before disintegrating, but I always buy a new one when they start breaking down. I don't have a garage and I don't plan to put a pole barn in the driveway for it. Oh, and yes, this will cinch up under the camper in case of winds. 

Does the PahaQue give better protection, or does it simply just last longer? From what I read, people were having a difficult time putting the PahaQue on their trailers.... I can put this one on by myself with a short step ladder and two long bamboo poles in about 10 minutes.  I can access the interior by just lifting up the side. I can also access the side bay door easily. This cover was around $170 as opposed to the $509.  

I'm just curious.
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @robpt, if you can use two bamboo poles and a step ladder, you can put the Paha Que cover on. My Paha Que cover is on it’s 3rd year of protecting my T@B in the summer (when not camping) and in the fall until I leave for AZ. It may take you a few more minutes because it does have a bit tighter fit than yours, but I fully expect my Paha Que cover to last 6+ years. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • robptrobpt Member Posts: 90
    @Verna, if it has lasted you that long, then I expect it is a good investment. Since the 400 will never see a garage, it will need a good cover.
    It is awkward putting the cover on, but like others, I quickly learned to pull from the front to back. The bamboo poles are used to lift one side up and over the vents, one side at a time, and then all you have to do is pull it down. 
    Thanks for the response! 
  • CCGACCGA Member Posts: 26

I'm with you, robpt. Save some money, use what you have.

2018 320S Boondock (Beach Boonie) -2016  Nissan Frontier V6 King Cab

Chuck & Carol

• pingncpingnc Member Posts: 25
    I bought a
    Classic Accessories OverDrive PermaPRO Deluxe R-Pod Cover, Fits 18' - 20' RVs - Lightweight Ripstop and Water Repellent RV Cover from Walmart and it fits almost perfectly... and has a door opening in just about the right spot.  Did a great job of keeping the leaves and snow off.
    2018 T@B 400 (P@t's Condo), Silver and Black, TV 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 CrewCab, Phil & Pat in Waynesville, NC
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,605
    I can put my Pahaque cover on by myself, with the stepladder/poles system that Verna talked about.  You just can't throw it up there and hope, though.  I roll mine up and have the corners figured out in my head, and once I get it on top of the trailer, it just rolls into place with various pokes and prods from the poles.  I don't know the ins and outs of the Pahaque fabric, but it has protected my trailer for a year now, and shows no signs of any deterioration at all. 

I've had cheaper a cheap, mostly cloth cover for a car that barely lasted a year before it basically turned to dust.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • MNtabernacleMNtabernacle Member Posts: 19
    We found a Classic Accessories Poly Pro 3 on Amazon for $125 that fit perfect. Openings where we need it and easy enough to install. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GZLR6XC/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We'll see in a month or so how it got through the winter....

Tim & Joan, Anoka Minnesota
    Silver on Silver 2018 T@B 400, 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab
  • pingncpingnc Member Posts: 25
    I checked the tag on my Classic Accessories and it is the Model 2 which fits the RP-171. As the Picture from MNt@bernacle shows, it is a very good fit... for $125 :>)
    2018 T@B 400 (P@t's Condo), Silver and Black, TV 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 CrewCab, Phil & Pat in Waynesville, NC