Options

Hello from PA

RickJamesRickJames Member Posts: 4
I am new to the forums here. I currently reside in PA and have became a big fan of T@B Max S trailer. I was looking at many other companies until I found and read the specs on the Max S travel trailer and it has now become a great interest of mine to own one :). I currently have a brand new midsize car and was looking for something that the class 1 hitch I have on it would handle and has a wet bath and I found it with the Max. So I am crossing my fingers and hoping financing comes approves me and I will join many of you happy owners on here :). No worries my car is ready to tow it hitch is installed 7 Way rv hookup installed and electric brake controller all ready to go :). Hope to join the LittleGuy group out on the road down the road :).

Comments

• Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    I bet good news is soon to come for you. You'll love the T@B with the wet bath. We have a T@B Clamshell with wet bath. We love cooking outside and entertaining. you will find the forum a great place to learn and share about the T@B.
    Happy Camping.
    T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer
  • Options
    RickJamesRickJames Member Posts: 4
    Financing seems to be the hold-up right now but hopefully can get a company to work with me.  I really would love to experience what the T@B has too offer :-)
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited March 2014
    The difference between the two is the tongue weight rating and obviously the over all gross trailer weight (GTW) rating and their ability to handle towed loads, etc.  Here is some information I found on-line and that should be helpful.....

Class lll hitches are rated as follows:  
    1. Class III hitches used as weight carrying are rated up to 6000 lbs. gross trailer weight (GTW) with a maximum trailer tongue weight (TW) of 600 lbs.
    2. Class III hitches used for weight distributing are rated up to 10,000 lbs. gross trailer weight (GTW) with a maximum trailer tongue weight (TW) of 1000 lbs.
    Class lV hitches are rated as follows:

1. Class IV hitches used as weight carrying are rated up to 10,000 lbs. gross trailer weight (GTW) with a maximum trailer tongue weight (TW) of 1000 lbs.
    2. Class IV hitches used for weight distributing are rated up to 14,000 lbs. gross trailer weight (GTW) with a maximum trailer tongue weight (TW) of 1400 lbs.
    Both hitches can obviously handle the over all weight of the trailer, but it must (my best guess here) somehow be based on the tongue weight given the weight of the trailer and they are allowing for additional tongue weight and stresses/force generated/placed on this part of the hitch?  The Class lV hitch is 400 lbs. better than the Class lll on both fronts and their heaviest unit is the T@G Max at 1655#

Good question Jenn!

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    The T@b is rated as following, per the website:

Overall Weight

• B@sic 1475 lbs
    • Quickst@rt 1585 lbs
    • M@xx 1655 lbs

Tongue Weight

• B@sic 120 lbs
    • Quickst@rt 150 lbs
    • M@xx 165 lbs

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    edited March 2014
    You'd obviously have to pile things on over center of the axle to get anywhere near the hitch ratings listed to increase the tongue weight.....  But as engineering and design goes, most designs are built and rated far and above the norm to compensate for users, abuse, the effects of aging, etc.  
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Here are the T@B specs......