Options

Fluid boiling over?

I have been keeping the glycol in the Alde system just above the min line.  However, when I turn on the heat, the system gurgles, which I understand is normal, but the fluid diisapears and there is a puddle of fluid on the rear driver's side stabilizer.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is there something wrong with the system?  I've only had the trailer for two weeks.  Thanks for all your help.  I've learned a great deal from the forum already.

Comments

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    edited April 2018
    Don’t see the age or model of your trailer. If I recall correctly, we had a member with a crack in that reservoir. Can you turn it up and watch while it heats up? Of course, it won’t boil if you’re watching. And there was a cracked hose fitting resulting in a leak on another. Welcome to the forum, hope this is a simple repair under warranty!

ps. I just searched on “glycol crack”. You might be interested in the results.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @gdohrer, yes there was a problem with reservoirs cracking on the bottom, but I think it was on a batch of 2016? models. Welcome to the forum, and to the t@b family. Congratulations on your trailer. Please let us know what year and model t@b you have so those who track these things can comment and give appropriate advice for your unit. Forum members are great and share a wealth of information and experience and don't discriminate as to whether the unit is new, or iust new to you. Good luck and happy t@bbing.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    edited April 2018
    @gdoher, if the fluid is outside the trailer it's probably coming from the expansion tank overflow tube. Why it would be overflowing if it's not overfilled is unclear. Perhaps your pump speed is too high? It seems that has been implicated in the associated gurgling sound you describe.

Aside from that, there are two other places that glycol can potentially drain under the T@B. One is a drain tube from what appears to be an automatic pressure relief valve, the other is a hose with a brass plug that is removed to drain the entire system.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    gdohrergdohrer Member Posts: 3
    Our TAB is a 2016  Outback model, so Dragonsdofly, your post !akes sense.  I'll check for cracks.  Thanks all for you . I'll let you know what I find
  • Options
    larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    I had a similar problem and it was a bad pressure release valve. It was replaced under warranty. 
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
    2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.
  • Options
    KRGKRG Member Posts: 15
    Just took my new 2018 T@B 400 in because ALDE system not working. Had glycol in the tank last week but none this past weekend during recent camping trip. Service dept at dealership tried to tell me it was clear and couldn’t be seen in tank even though I saw it last week. Hope they figure out where the leak is!
  • Options
    trainwreckedtrainwrecked Member Posts: 31
    Same on my 2016, the hose barb on the bottom of my glycol reservoir was cracked and replaced under warranty.  
    2016 T@b M@x S Sofitel >- 2017 Subaru Outback 3.6
  • Options
    efdohrerefdohrer Member Posts: 1
    I finally found out that the leak was a loose hose clamp just under the glycol tank.  leaked only when the heater was on and built up a bit of pressure.  Tightened it up and it seems to be working like a charm now.  Thanks for all the suggestions.  

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Congratulations @efdohrer! Hose clamp-yeehah for the simple fixes!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner