Options

Gap in side tent at the rear

i have 2017 T@B 320S with the Pahaque side tent. Those familiar with the tent know that it is a two piece unit, with the skirt attaching to the lower Keder rail, and the tent itself to the upper rail.
The tent comes together and fits fine at the front, but at the rear, there is about an 8” gap between the skirt and the side of the trailer just below the trim piece covering the loop handle mount.
This  gap is caused by the Keder rail at this point ending short of the trim piece.
When I first received my tent and noticed this problem, I assumed that there was some error in measurement when Pahaque sewed the skirt. I contacted them and sent pictures of the problem. They told me that there might have been a production change at NuCamp resulting in the height above ground of the ends of the Keder rail varying for my trailer. They had me take some measurements and send them the results, which I did. Pahaque made me a new skirt at no charge.
Unfortunately, the new skirt had the same gap issue as the original. Seeing this, I realized that the issue was NOT with the tent, but the trailer. I have sent pictures of the new skirt gap to both Pahaque and NuCamp.
NuCamp informs me that this rail has always been this way, and offers to sell me some additional rail if I wish to modify my trailer.
However, that would also necessitate making yet another skirt piece, since the rail would now be longer.
I have to believe that SOMEONE on this forum must have  encountered this issue and can suggest a good way to resolve it.
TIA for any help!
Bob

Comments