Options

TAB 400 Dinette Table

The TAB 400 Dinette table is unbelievably heavy.  Does anyone know of a modification that can be made to make it easier to raise and lower the table?  I am not tall enough or strong enough to release the latches at the back of the table to raise it.  I barely manage to lower it to the sleeping position.

Comments

• Options
    BigGroverBigGrover Member Posts: 450
    edited April 2018
    One option would be to make another table out of 3/4" plywood.  It would probably come in at about 1 /2 the weight. Would be easy to do using the camper's table as a template.  I actually made a narrower, shorter table I posted here.  I plan to cut a piece of 3/4"  the same shape a nd size of the center cushion to use on the rare occasions when my son might camp with us. I ordered the folding leg end caps from T@b so as not to cannibalize the original table.
    BigGrover
    2019 T@b 400 Boondock Lite
    2018 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi
    Central Alabama
  • Options
    KRGKRG Member Posts: 15
    Thanks for the idea!  I'm going to have to give my husband a new project .
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @KRG we call them “mods” and my DH occasionally cowers when I have an idea for one that requires his assistance!  =) 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red