Options

CS single bed width

Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,495
For those CS owners who have split the back cushions and made a single bed, are you splitting them evenly?  If so, is the 29 inch width comfortable?  A single bed is 36 inches, so just thinking.
Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio

Comments

• Options
    ClaudeAClaudeA Member Posts: 54
    We want to do the same. We're thinking of going 34"-24". We figure 24" is plenty wide for sitting and eating.
    2016 CS-S silver and red, 2022 Toyota Sienna Hybrid
    Ottawa, Ontario
  • Options
    Yes, I just read on a van conversion website that a 29 inch bed is not wide enough.  We will actually make new back cushions so that when we camp together, we will still have 4 large, solid cushions to sleep on.  I think the S model single bed set ups have the advantage of the fold down back cushion - makes for a large single bed.  Regarding the size of the sitting area. If you find it too small, you can just break down the bed.
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,502
    SAM said:
    For those CS owners who have split the back cushions and made a single bed, are you splitting them evenly?  If so, is the 29 inch width comfortable?  A single bed is 36 inches, so just thinking.
    I did 30" to match the width of the Megamat that I use for extra padding. It is fine for me but YMMV. 
    I usually pull it a few inches away from the back wall to sleep and then push it back during the day. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    Thanks Marceline.