Solar Panel Controller in The 400

Is the solar panel controller function in the 400 automatic or does it need some manual intervention.  I have a manual for it that came with the trailer.  It lists some settings that can be changed - but is that necessary?  Or, does it just work automatically hands off?
2018 T@B 400 - 2017 Chevy Colorado

Comments

• ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,391
    Many solar controllers do allow you to change charging parameters for you specific circumstance. Mine does, but I don't understand them fully and the default settings seems to work fine with my relatively simple set up.

In short, you probably don't need to change anything. However, I believe the T@B 400 has a a larger AGM battery, so the optimal settings may be different than for basic wet cells. If that's the case, whether those settings were changed at the factory is anybody's guess.

Not really an answer, I know--just something to be aware of. Hopefully someone with a 400 w/ solar can better advise you.
    2015 T@B S
  • newbienewbie Member Posts: 30
    I asked the factory and they replied that the solar controller function is automatic - no need to fool around with it.  Good - one less thing to worry about.
    2018 T@B 400 - 2017 Chevy Colorado