Hail damage

Has anyone had hail damage on their T@B teardrop trailer? Is there a way to repair it?
Jeege

Comments

• ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Jeege, You might want to punch "hail damage" into the search box at the top right. I'm sure I've seen more than one instance of it being discussed. Hope that helps. Last hailstorm the WolfT@B endured, I was lucky enough to come out of it unscathed. :whistle:;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    So sorry for your damage!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• ColoradoJonColoradoJon Member Posts: 415
    I think @Smullis7 had hail damage on her camper - the day after she brought it home.  There is a post about it here somewhere!
    Jon & Angela | Florissant Colorado | 2017 Outback S
  • Spruce1Spruce1 Member Posts: 100
    Our 2014 S was damaged by hail a couple of years ago.  The factory quoted me $2500 to replace the roof.  I was not successful in finding a local body shop interested in doing the the repair.  Our dealer went out of business so they we not an option.  Another dealer picked up the NuCamp line so may check with them some time in the future. The damage doesn’t affect functionality so we’re just living with it as is for now.
    2014 T@B-S
    2019 Honda Ridgeline, AWD, V6, 5,000 lbs towing capacity
    Minnesota
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    You can always try a body shop that does "paintless dent repair". I'm not sure it would harm the gel coat, but the basic principle is that metal wants to go back to its original form. So when dented, if one is careful and applies the right amount of heat and suction, the dent pops out (provided there are no creases in the metal). There's an art to it and I don't recommend following instructions you see on YouTube. It was just a thought.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    We have a few dings on our roof too.  We're treating them like character lines on a face.  A badge of experience?
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max