Options

SeeLevel not reading Gray

I just dewinterized my 2017 T@b Outback. In the process I filled the water tank to 100% (I realize it's not 100% accurate) then ran it down to around 38% (not wanting to go lower as I've dealt with pump air lock before). So the gray tank got filled with quite a bit of water--I did check and no water was flowing around the exterior of the camper. However, the SeeLevel stayed at 0% the entire time. I talked to one dealer who said it's probably not the sensor but he didn't know what the issue might be. My dealer is 9 hours away and closer dealers (4 hours away) won't look at an RV not purchased from them this time of year. Does anyone have ideas what the problem might be, and also whether if I get the part (under warranty) from NuCamp (they're closed for the day now), I might be able to fix the issue myself?

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,499
    I think it probably is the sensor.  It would require removing the corrugated protection under the Tab to get to the tank.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    edited May 2018
    @KTOT I know my grey won't show anything and poof, 25%. Try adding more water and see if it shows up.  Or drop (or raise) the front and see if it shows up.

2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    On my most recent trip the SeaLevel was reading Fresh 0% (on several attempts to read) when I knew it was full. After running the water pump AND doing a power down cycle (battery shut-off switch) SeaLevel jumped to 100% full . . . as it should be.

Point is . . . reset'ing the electronics might help. And is less pain than buying and installing parts.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    @MuttonChops  Bump and Thanks. After recent trip both gray and black read 0% even though they were not.  Everything else was fine, so I was confused why I didn't have an Opn code if a wire or two just came loose.  Turned everything and batteries off, and even checked all fuses.  Powered back up and all has been well ever since.  Weird, but I guess the Sealevel occasionally gets confused by power glitches. 
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max