Sheets for 2018 TAB 320

CoriJCoriJ Member Posts: 18
So trying to figure out the size of this bed... It's 70x73 which is not a full or a queen.  What size sheets are people putting on this bed?  What works and what doesn't?  Also thinking it needs a topper of some kind.  Wondering if I should try to buy two twin size trifold camping mattresses and put those on the sides and make those up??  What works?  Any help would be great!  Thank you!

Comments

• elberethelbereth Member Posts: 105
    Cori, we’re new T@bbers, and have a CS-S which has a 58x70 bed.  So far, what I’ve done is use two flat queen size sheets and a queen mattress pad.  I found that Ikea’s mattress pads don’t have the elastic skirt all the way around, just elastic diagonally at the corners, so it’s easy to make and unmake the bed and I can just tuck the extra down the sides.  We did get a twin-size washable comforter from Ikea too - the twin was definitely big enough to cover us and the bed, without lots of excess at our feet (we sleep wheel-to-wheel).

Working well for us so far.  

2018 T@B CS-S Towed by 2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i in the wilds of Minnesota
  • CoriJCoriJ Member Posts: 18
    Thanks!  Going to work on this!  
  • LisaHLisaH Member Posts: 29
    I took a twin duvet cover to a foam shop and had them custom cut a 2” foam topper to fit inside it. There will be excess material because the duvet cover longer than 73”. On top of the duvet cover I put a king sized mattress pad. on top of mattress pad I put king sized fitted sheet. That’s the “bed”. We sleep under a queen flat sheet and queen comforter. To make the bed, I roll it up like a jelly roll and keep it rolled with a simple tie down. I dont try to put it behind the couch, I just leave it there with the couch flat. That way we still have a place to sit and the bedding stays put
    2018 T@b 320S Boondock, towed by 2012 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
  • ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 411
    pthomas745 I know I CAN search and I always do but honestly the results are overwhelming. It finds all or part of a word so you have to sift thru so much just to get a simple answer. I wish it would just search titles. I wish the search parameters were as tight as the sheets on my queen size bed at home. Hahahaha now MY crazy comments are going to come up as a result for someone, see what I mean? As a new person here, honestly it’s offputting and challenging when someone just says search for it. I’d rather take a moment to specifically help them or be helped.

2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    We slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

elbereth our CS beds are so much smaller than theirs, ours are queen size in one direction and then just a few inches short of a Queen in the other. I like your ideas for sure, I will hop by IKEA this week and get that mattress pad. Where are you storing your bedding when you have the seats up? I still haven’t hatched a plan for that since we lack the back bed/sofa that non CS have.

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    @ColleenD2,  for our CS bedding, we sandwiched a mattress pad between a duvet made out of 2 flat sheets to provide just a little padding as we think the cushions are comfortable.  Cover with a duvet and change out the inside for a blanket or comforter depending on the season.  It folds nicely and sits on the stacked bed slats at the rear of the bed.  Plenty of sitting room, although in nice weather we leave the bec made up and sit in the side tent.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • elberethelbereth Member Posts: 105
    @ColleenD2, we’re going on our second trip this weekend, so we’ll figure out what we do with the sheets when we unmake the bed.  Then again, we’ll be at a non-electric campsite and it’s going to be 90 degrees, so we may not want to be in the T@b at all!   :)

Another CS-S specific thing I found at Ikea: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10300296/  The 9.5x15x6 version of these fits perfectly in the pass-thru cabinets.  You have to kind of wedge the bottoms in there, so I think the friction will hold them in place as we’re towing.  We’ve got card games etc. in one, and mugs/water bottles/etc in another, and haven’t figured out what to do with the third.
    2018 T@B CS-S Towed by 2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i in the wilds of Minnesota
    Thank you! I figured I’d take a bunch of measurements and just go wander thru IKEA. I’ve seen some posts about how people organize their refrigerator using ikea too.

• PinspotPinspot Member Posts: 14
    Cori, what I did was order a custom fit 2" topper. Very nice topper of high quality and a custom fitted sheet. They both fit perfectly. I bought them at mattress insider.com. they carry several sizes specifically for T@bs. If not they will custom fit to your measurements.
  • 4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    I’m just glad not to be in a sleeping bag!! I’m on my first trip using sheets, albeit odd fitting, but boy did I sleep deep last night!! :)
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
    Pinspot...When I measured the TAB bed it looks more like a 70x70 vs a 70x73.  What size did you order?  I'm hoping to roll it up behind the bedding area to use the seating area during the day if needed.  

Ordered a 70x73 custom 2 inch mattress topper and custom sheets.  Hoping its a great fit.  From Mattress Insider
  • PinspotPinspot Member Posts: 14
    Cori, I have a CS-S. The bed measures 70X54. For the topper and the sheet I ordered them to those detentions. On the fitted sheet you need to measure the thickness of the cushions then add the thickness of the topper then they will add a couple more inches to it so it tucks in well. The topper and the sheet are very comfortable and high quality. I think you willing them. Enjoy and happy tabbing.