Options

T@B Shopping

GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 452
Just got back from our local dealer.  Went looking for a used T@B.  Ended up at the new 2018 320's.  Brought home the available option list.  We know we want the Boondock cargo platform($428), the exterior lagun table mount($100) possibly the side portal window($218).  Out the door around $20,000.  Why buy used?  Anyway....... what options would you add or delete after looking at your own purchases?  Thanks.
2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
Odessa, Fl.  

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,591
    GatorEgg said:
     We know we want the Boondock cargo platform($428), the exterior lagun table mount($100) possibly the side portal window($218).  Out the door around $20,000. 
    For myself the extra side portal window (in bathroom) has no useful propose.  It looks nice from the outside but that's it.  I used that money to get the Driver Side storage (baggage) access door instead, the door is super handy.

If you plan to do much gravel/dirt road traveling would also suggest you consider the 'pitched axle' and Boondock tires options. . . . . even better consider the new for 2019 model year (new builds now) the Boondock Lite which includes the pitchted axle, tires, platform, and more.

Good Luck & Enjoy the Process of Deciding.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 411
    Now you should be into the ‘19s if you are special ordering so make sure that’s the list you have. Options have changed this year and production is finished for the ‘18s. The cargo door is standard now and personally I don’t like the lagun bracket outside. That table is just so heavy. I think it’s better to have a folding table but of course, it’s whatever works best for you. We are getting ready to order and are going with the boondock axel. It’s 5” higher and I think worth it if you do anything but paved roads. Most state parks near us are a bit rough so we decided at $550ish bucks, it’s worth it. Your dealer should be able to give you the 2019 MSRP sheet.
    2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    We slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    You are smart to consider options and modifications up front.  We use the Lagun table outside and inside.  I think to give you the ability to sit on both sides of the table outside with a side tent deployed, you need to have the Lagun bracket mounted as close to the fender as possible.  I saw a picture of a 2019 CS that had the bracket behind the Baggage Hatch and that will limit how you use the table.

We were interested in limiting phantom draw, so we eliminated the USB ports as they are always on.  We added additional 12 volt outlets.  We added additional strip lighting in our CS galley.  We asked for a MaxxAir fan instead of the Fantastic Fan.  We had them install our large 150 amp AGM battery and our dealer installed our sewer hose holder.  We had a Victron battery monitor installed.  We had our CS galley customized with an ARB install.

Something that I wish we had done up front is to have wiring placed for a solar charge controller in conjunction with the battery monitor.  And I wish we had a toilet shut off placed.  Having used our tiny wetbath sink, I would have requested a fold down sink.

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    GatorEgg said:
    Just got back from our local dealer.  Went looking for a used T@B.  Ended up at the new 2018 320's.  Brought home the available option list.  We know we want the Boondock cargo platform($428), the exterior lagun table mount($100) possibly the side portal window($218).  Out the door around $20,000.  Why buy used?  Anyway....... what options would you add or delete after looking at your own purchases?  Thanks.
    I feel that buying used saved me thousands of dollars, and was definitely the right move for my wife and I.

However, if ordering a CS-S new from the factory, I would definitely try to get mounting provisions for 2 batteries (if they can even offer that).  My wife would want the extra side portal window. 

Other than not having the battery capacity to run the 2-way fridge for any meaningful amount of time, I'm very happy with our trailer. 
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    RoameyRoamey Member Posts: 239
    An option I didn't know about but would have considered is the split folding seat back. I think it would be easier to reach stuff behind it. 
       T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Contrary to a previous post, the bath port hole window adds a lot of light which makes the cubby of a bath feel less claustrophobic. I love ours.
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    4ncar said:
    Contrary to a previous post, the bath port hole window adds a lot of light which makes the cubby of a bath feel less claustrophobic. I love ours.
    If you do enough T@B yoga, you can also moon your sister who is in the site beside you :lol:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Ratkity, What happens in a T@B bathroom, must stay in the T@b bathroom. :o;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Seems to be at a perfect height to gaze out while seated; what ones doing while seated will be left unsaid!!!
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    We ordered the outside Lagun mount and haven't used it yet. I replaced the table top with a smaller wood piece and keep it inside. I have a small roll top table I use outside the door every trip. For me, the outside hatch is a waste of funds because I keep sleeping bags and such under the passenger side rear bench. I keep most tools under the passenger side seat and use the hatch door inside every trip. The outside hatch would also be another item to maintain over time. I'm happy with my decisions, and you will have to decide how you like to camp. That's the beauty of Tabs! Good luck!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red