Options

New owner 2008 T@B (T1) - Help needed to use heat and A/C. Cannot find instructions anywhere!

Hello!  I am having difficulty finding information (online or utube) about the heating and A/C in my new T@B (2008, T1). I see a thermostat. Is that for both the AC and heat? If the battery is fully charged (or is hooked up to shore power) should I be able to set the temp and the heat (or AC) will just start? That is not happening. The manual is not helpful (how can that be?) 
Also, is the switch by the sink just for the water pump? If it helps I can add a photo...
Thank you! - am grateful for any suggestions!
HunterT@B

Comments

• Options
    KeepingtheDreamAliveKeepingtheDreamAlive Member Posts: 19
    edited December 2022
    Hello Hunter,
    We recently bought a 2006 made by Dutchman. The other forum for older T@Bs is on Yahoo groups and they have file folders of instruction manuals. You can find that group at this link. They've been very quick to respond with answers to specific questions.
    https://groups.io/g/tabtrailers/topics

I also bought a little on-line book by Richard Lewis called "101 questions about T@B T@da and T@g Camping Trailers that is very informative and it was only about $6. You can get that here:
    http://www.lulu.com/shop/richard-lewis/101-questions-about-tb-tda-and-tg-camping-trailers/ebook/product-22273217.html

My T@B is a little older and doesn't have the little switch so I can't help you and I'm still learning about our heat and A/C so it's best to go to the experts!

Good Luck,
    Debora
    Debora
    2006 T16-1 U-shape and TV 2006 Ford Explorer
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 923
    edited May 2018
    Many DM T@B owners have found Richard Lewis' ebook and YouTube videos helpful.
    The FILES and PHOTOS sections of the Yahoo forum contain a huge amount of information for the DM T@Bs.  Not any search function that I know of so you have to manually scan the information.
    The little switch near the sink is for the pump only and is redundant to the faucet which also switches the pump when turned on.

The thermostat controls the CoolCat when in the COOL position for cooling and for heating when in the HEATPUMP position.
    The FURNACE position controls the Atwood furnace.

The CoolCat requires 120v shore power and 12v for the controls.
    The Atwood furnace is 12v and propane.

I have also attached a copy of the CoolCat manual.

Have Fun!
    Bob

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    Does your T@B have the LP furnace?  It's separate from the Cool Cat, which is the AC and a heat pump and requires electric.  Yes, you should set the temp on the setting, and the Cool Cat and/or furnace should work.  I don't have a water pump switch in my 2007, so you shouldn't either.  I believe that's what Bob is referring to above.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Interesting, my 2007 DOES have a water pump switch, but mine is a late 2007, built in April of 2007 #2741
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    HunterTABHunterTAB Member Posts: 6
    Thank you for your suggestions. I did buy the 101 questions about T@B and found it very helpful. I believe I don't have Air conditioning as I thought so am now doing research on that! Until that's settled I believe I will stay north!
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 923
    This is what the AC looks like in DM T@Bs

Have Fun!
    Bob