Options

STOLEN T@G Bracebridge, Ontario

Saw NüCamp shared this on Twitter so I thought I’d share it here too. This T@G was stolen last night.
2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
Custom Colors & Custom Interior
We've slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

Comments

• Options
    FreshaireFreshaire Member Posts: 97
    I wonder what the circumstances were behind the theft?  I just returned from Canada and had a very strange experience while there.  When I got to my resting spot for the evening, after having traveled many miles, I went to unplug the 7-pin from my  TV.  One of my trailer chains was disconnected from the TV and was all scratched up from having been dragged.  I know this did not disconnect on its own, as I have to use a rubber mallet to bang it on (and off) due to the tightness of the hook.  All I can think is that someone did something to it while I was inside a gas station using the restroom after having filled up the  TV gas tank.  I don't know if someone was trying to disconnect the entire Tab or not.  I typically check my connections when I am fueling, so whatever happened, happened when I went into the gas station.
    2015 T@b 320S Maxx Outback, aka "Alie Cat"
    TV:  2012 Honda Ridgeline

Alice
    Crozet, VA
  • Options
    ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 414
    Wow. Sorry to hear that. It never occurred to me to have to lock it down when going in at a gas station. What is going on in the world?!

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Freshaire - Glad you posted your experience for the rest of us. I always do a "walk-around" of my vehicle and T@B whenever I leave it unattended for even a few minutes.  Takes just a few seconds to confirm the general condition of all six tires, roof vent is closed, coax, water and shore power covers are closed and not flapping in the wind, cabin door is locked, side step is secured, windows closed and locked, safety chains, brake disconnect and 7 pin connector still attached.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    X2.  We also have a ball lock and a receiver lock to make sure no one walks off with our pieces parts when not towing.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    I, too, have a ball lock.  What is a receiver lock?  I also have a wheel lock for when I am unhitched and parked for the evening.

Alice
    Crozet, VA
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    The receiver is the opening that accepts the ball mount arm.  So, it is a straight pin lock that looks a lot like a coupler lock, only a larger diameter.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Ah-ha!  Thanks.  Guess I need to get one of those too.  I guess we can't be too careful.

Alice
    Crozet, VA
  • Options
    LuckyjLuckyj Member Posts: 286
    @Freshaire, wow, but since I own a T@G and I am canadian, I am curious as to where in canada did this happen?

and very cool that they did not succeded.
    2017 T@G Max Outback "Le Refuge"
    TV 2005 jeep TJ unlimited
    and/or 2005 Nissan X-Trail 4wd
    Alaskan Malamuthe on board!

Les Escoumins and Petite-Riviere-St-Francois QC
  • Options
    @Luckyj, I stopped so many times for gas, it is hard for me to remember exactly where I was before I discovered the disconnected chain. I was parking for the night in Fundy National Park at Wolfe Lake though, when I saw the chain.

Alice
    Crozet, VA
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Any update on this missing trailer?
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Nothing. So sad.

• Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Hard to believe something like this could happen.  Wonder what the chances are that it will be found.  I can only imagine the sense of loss, as most owners become quite attached to their home away from home.  Would insurance cover such a loss I wonder.  Need to check ours, but still I think about all the extra time & expense I have invested in doing mods.
    Sorry for your loss, @ColleenD2, even if just temporary, which I hope it will be.

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    BrianZ said:
    Hard to believe something like this could happen.  Wonder what the chances are that it will be found.  I can only imagine the sense of loss, as most owners become quite attached to their home away from home.  Would insurance cover such a loss I wonder.  Need to check ours, but still I think about all the extra time & expense I have invested in doing mods.
    Sorry for your loss, @ColleenD2, even if just temporary, which I hope it will be.

Theft insurance is certainly available for a trailer, but it is optional.  With the cost of T@bs and T@gs, getting good insurance was an easy decision for me. 
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Sure, but even with insurance, I don’t believe contents is covered, that has to be on your homeowners, right? And you have to remember every single thing that was in there. And you have to file all the paperwork and deal with insurance companies and that is never fun. Then, you have to decide if you want to go thru this again. And then you have to shop around for a new trailer after originally finding what you thought was the trailer of your dreams. And if you custom ordered, I feel like I would lose a piece of myself because working on this custom order is big deal right now for us, I would be especially sad. And you still feel violated no matter what. I’d prefer to prevent it by all mean possible AND have insurance.

• Options
    BrianZ not my loss but a friend in the community and you are right on every level. I hadn’t even thought about mods. And one other thing, we are getting ready to order and I feel better about ordering and paying extra for distinctive colors. There is nothing wrong with silver, black and white or even occasional red but my personality is not like that. I want our T@B to represent us and our artistic personalities.  I think if someone sees a giant coral trailer rolling down the road, they will notice it, it becomes a lot easier to hide. We’ll see. Maybe it will make it more attractive to steal.