Greetings from Oregon

treefrogtreefrog Member Posts: 95
edited June 2018 in Introductions
New owners of 2018 Boondock. We needed to be able to store our trailer in our garage. Tigard Oregon does not allow trailer parking on a city street for more than two weeks a year (this is a good thing). I refused to pay $100.00 a month to store a trailer in a lot. After a lot of searching we decided on a Tab.
We have been on three trips and really enjoy this little trailer. I did not care about the fancy heater when we bought it. First night out and it was 42 degrees we used the Alde...WOW!!!  So nice to have a silent heater especially at night (I wake easily).
Normally I don't go for looks but I wanted the Boondock because it looked right with our 4Runner.  My wife disagreed with me then the salesman said he would knock off $1000.00 and she approved. She is happy now.  
Planning on a Utah trip this fall.
Added mattress topper from mattressinsider. Very nice.
Zamp 80 watt portable. 
Wouldn't mind a small vertical closet for coats but would much rather have the bathroom.
Its small but we really like the huge bed, Alde, easy to store and really nice fit and finish.
Now if we can just find a place to camp this summer. My home state has become quite popular :(

Edit:
On our last trip the neighbors were loud till 1:00 am, we did not know until our son in law asked if they kept us up. I think the double paned windows helped keep out the noise.

Comments

• dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 583
    Welcome from Bend! I have family in Tigard and Beaverton.  This is my first summer of T@Bing too. Yes, apparently we aren't the only ones getting into this lifestyle. Parks are busy in Oregon. Yep, I too bought a T@B 320 so it would fit in my garage, plus bathroom and kitchen. And I agree too with the Alde-that nice warm bed is sure nice when it's cold out! My last outing I could hear the neighbors heater (RPod) making an awful racket, but the little Alde is silent. 
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @treefrog, welcome to the forum, the t@b family and congratulations on your trailer!  Adventures await. Most of all, happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Welcome.  A nice way to hang coats is to use a large suction cup hook on the mirror in the wetbath, ot use extension rods between the walks over the toilet.  The wetbath acts like a closet when not in use.  Also, add the very popular swivel hooks from Amazon.

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Welcome!! Despite my initial confusion about the operation of the Alde, I think it's the best thing since sliced bread. There's a bit of a learning curve. This forum is a wealth of information about it. I was still confused after reading the fantastic manual (RTFM) :) ! There are so many helpful people and information here that is bookmarked to help you. Happy T@BBing!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)