Options

Gally tent for hatch back

PapaPapa Member Posts: 27
edited June 2018 in Camping & Travel
Has anyone purchased the hatch back tent and found it useful, sturdy and comfortable 

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    edited June 2018
    There are a few owners with that tent.  Search “Clamshell galley tent” and the first entry lists the thread.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Capt_KLRCapt_KLR Member Posts: 38
    I purchased the Pahaque galley tent.

The first thing I want say is the one that was sent to me was not constructed properly. Presently I'm working with the company to rectify this problem.
    They are going to make a completely new for me, haven't received it yet, but hoping they are going to standby their word.

Now let me say that this tent is an essential addition the clamshell trailer. It provides wind protection while cooking, an additional room especially when there is an abundance of biting insects.

I understand there are other options out there, but not sure specifically constructed for the CS-S.

Will update if the properly constructed tent arrives and get a chance to use it.
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I know of one person who had one for about a year, and after trying it for several campouts, threw it in the trash. She had trouble with the stick on keder rail, she said it was hot in there even with the screens open, and after several days of heavy rain the roof support caved in. Also, if you get one with the floor, you have very little leeway for leveling up or down and having the floor lay flat. Some campsites the backend of the clamshell will just be too high for the floor enclosure.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL