Options

CoolCat in 2006 DM T@B

Our AC won't cool or heat. The fan runs. It worked last summer but a lot has been disassembled since we had the floor replaced last fall. What should we look for?

Comments

• Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 930
    Unfortunately the CoolCat is difficult to work on in any aspect.  The thermostat wiring could be at fault.  It also could be a ceased compressor.  The wiring terminates in the front lower right.  You may be able to get there after removing the front cover.  Any other work requires removing the unit out through the side grill opening.  (I did it three times)
    I attached  files of the manual, parts, and a removal and wiring description.

When mine died, I replaced it with a window unit.  Frankly a big improvement!

Good Luck!
    Bob

• Options
    RoSLCRoSLC Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Bob! I had seen your photos and PDFs before. They are super helpful.

We started the removal process when I decided to try a new thermostat before going further.

We have the T@B plugged into shore power. Are there limitations on Amperage?

If I do get a window unit, how do you keep the hot air and intake air separate? Has anyone used a through the wall unit? Also I thought I saw where someone didn't recommend any window unit installation other than a "slide out".
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 930
    The CoolCat used about 10-12 amps AC running (more starting) plus it needs 12v for the controls.
    There are a couple CoolCat replacement photo albums in the Yahoo forum.  Select "alphabetical" under actions and look for "*AC retrofit - CoolCat replacement".  There are photos showing sheet metal ducting to keep the air flows separate.

Finished interior view.

Have fun!
    Bob

• Options
    RoSLCRoSLC Member Posts: 3
    OK. The Coolcat is out. The Thermostat didn't help. The fan came on but no cooling. So we pulled it. I need help with the rest.