Options

400 ac - rust stain from condensate

Looks like ac condensate is dripping out of exterior ac grate onto side of camper, leaving a rust stain. Where is the condensate drain opening on 400? Want to check and see if it is plugged. Does it drain directly to exterior, or into black or gray tank?

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @AMac, you can email tech@nucamprv.com and he has the entire nüCamp factory there as his “laboratory” for answers, but he already knows many of the answers. He’s a pretty good guy. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    MattyDMattyD Member Posts: 3
    @AMac did you ever find out where the AC drains to?
  • Options
    AMacAMac Member Posts: 75
    No, I never did. I emailed Nucamp and did not get a response. We lowered the tongue a little and it stopped dripping out of the face of the grill, but I don't know where the condensate is going now.
  • Options
    I noticed our tray full of water yesterday. Looked underneath but I don't see where it would drain out from. I parked on a hill for a minute today to let it all drain out. Let ne know if you hear anything, i will try to email them too.
  • Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    We’ve had discussion with nüCamp R&D about the Cool Cat in the 2018 T@B 400 and confirmed again with them at üCamp last week that the condensate collects in a pan under the Cool Cat and that if enough collects that it drains out through the grate. It was true on our 2014 and 2015 T@B-CS (non-shower) with Cool Cat models too. 
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    Ahhhhh perfect. Thank you for helping out. Much appreciated. 😊
  • Options
    Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    Makes you wonder why they never put a drain.
  • Options
    jameskuzmanjameskuzman Member Posts: 140
    I'm not a fan of this approach - just letting the pan fill up until it spills out of the grate. It seems like a drain tube would have been easy and inexpensive to implement here. I wonder how simple/difficult it would be retrofit one? 
    Jim Kuzman, Girard OH - 2019 T@B 400 - TV 2019 Volkswagen Atlas SE 4Motion w/ Factory Tow Package
  • Options
    jimcennamejimcenname Member Posts: 271
    There are two drain holes in the bottom edge of the AC grate on the T@B400 but I do believe water accumulates in the pan for awhile before draining out. I live in my T@B and use the AC all summer long. I am usually in dryer western climates so condensation is less than those from the south or northeast. Because condensation does drain to the outside of my T@B a rust stain has developed under my AC grate. I am contemplating removing the AC unit to see if the rust is severe. Anyone done that yet?

2019 T@B400
    TV: 2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    Southern California
    Full-timer since 2019
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited July 2021
    No comment
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.