Options

Replace rear Stabilizer with true scissor leveling jack.(100% bolt on)

2»

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Amazonica, I use Legos which is great for me as a long time solo traveler. I mounted these levels inside the 400 to help me—one straight across from the door under the cushion to show level forwards/backwards and the other one is on the side of the upper cabinet next to the door to show sideways level. They can be screwed in place or use the included two-sided tape, but you must be level first before permanently mounting them. 

The graduated lines with numbers tell you two things—how many inches you are off level which can equate to how many Legos are needed to level (or how far the Anderson leveler must raise you). 

So anyway, I love gadgets, but I’ve never purchased the Bluetooth leveling since I can level so quickly with my levels and Legos. 

To each their own as I have gadgets that others don’t use😉

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    AmazonicaAmazonica Member Posts: 151
    Thanks @Verna! That's a great idea. I always like things simple.
    2020 T@B 400 BD w/Solar, Microwave and Closet
    Towed by 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L Hemi 4x4 Crew Cab
  • Options
    MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 459
    We have a 2021 320S Boondock on order and this has given me some good ideas (particularly on the BT level concept).  Has anyone checked w/ Nucamp if this point on the trailer is designed to accept leveling forces?  Obviously the axle can.  Thanks!

Mark in Snohomish WA
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    MarkAl said:
    We have a 2021 320S Boondock on order and this has given me some good ideas (particularly on the BT level concept).  Has anyone checked w/ Nucamp if this point on the trailer is designed to accept leveling forces?  Obviously the axle can.  Thanks!

Mark in Snohomish WA
    The axel can not support the trailer. Only the frame, rear stabilizer, and tongue jack. The axel is only a tube with torsion rubber inside. The ability for the rear stabilizers to support the weight was addressed years ago. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 459
    Yes, I mis-spoke the frame at the axle.

If the stabilizer is fastened to the frame it is less of an issue but I assume some stress calculations may be in order for the increased potential bending moments.  I totally like the idea as long as after I do it to correct a more significant leveling situation I don't crack a critical trailer element.  Wouldn't in the extreme case lift one wheel off the ground?  An experiment in what the "extreme" case is may be expensive.
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network