Options

Finally ready for my first adventure

Niki_PurNiki_Pur Member Posts: 14
Hello fellow T@Bbers:

Am a newbie who has been devouring information on this forum for several months now. Despite the fact that everyone is so polite, helpful and welcoming, posting my "introduction" has been intimidating as I realize how little I know :).
Over the last few weeks have my 2016 T@B 320-S Outback (new-to-me) parked in the driveway and have successfully dewinterized it, tested the Norcold 3-way, water pump, Alde and the stove.  It was very empowering as with each appliance/process, I had challenges and this Forum became my go-to resource. 
The SeeLevel is still a challenge as it shows 0Pt for fresh, grey and black water tanks.  I have researched this and am hoping that replacing the sensors is not my only option.  Called NuCamp and they do not have an appointment available till August!  Any insights appreciated.

I look forward to sharing pics and details of my maiden voyage soon.

Niki
2016 T@B Max-s Outback aka T@B C@b@n@;
TV 2015 Toyota Highlander Limited aka Umatree

Niki

Comments

• Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,501
    edited June 2018
    Niki -
    Welcome!
    Those of us with older models don't have any sensors at all. Please don't let the sensor thing get in the way of enjoying your T@B. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,925
    @Niki_Pur, welcome to the t@b family and congratulations on your trailer! Adventures await. Happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Welcome!!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,488
    Welcome and good for you figuring it all out!  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    Welcome @Niki_Pur and welcome to the Tab family! Another thing to try first is to put water in your black and grey tanks and practice dumping the clean water in your yard. It’s not hard d, and once you’ve done it you will be good to go(so to speak!) You’ve got this!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 584
    Hi @Niki_Pur, congrats on your purchase. It's a big step. When you de-winterized, did you also clean out the water tank and lines with a bleach solution?
    Related to that, have you filled the fresh water tank full? If so, are you saying the SeeLevel still showed 0? 
    It seems like my gray and black don't register until a few gallons are in them.

Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Niki_Pur, Welcome! Sounds like you're on a good path. Just remember, ALL of us had to start somewhere! Time to go enjoy yourself. The more you use your T@B, the more familiar you'll become, and pretty soon it will all just fall in to place for you. :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Still figuring out how commenting/responding on the forum works so some of you may have seen my responses come across as individual messages.
    Thank you all for the warm welcome and constructive tips.  I have loved every minute in the T@B and find my self smiling a lot....

Niki
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Niki_Pur, Your comments are going on the "Activity" board, just so you know. You can either comment in the Leave a Comment space (at the bottom of the last posting) as I am doing here, or, leave a personal message to the person. There is a tutorial on how to do this at the top of the discussion page. Just an FYI, lots of folks don't read the "Activity" board daily. Hang in there, I've made the same mistakes myself! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,488
    @Niki_Pur, looks like you figured out how to respond on a thread.  Have you figured out how to PM vs post on someone’s board?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ericnliz said:
    @Niki_Pur, Your comments are going on the "Activity" board, just so you know. You can either comment in the Leave a Comment space (at the bottom of the last posting) as I am doing here, or, leave a personal message to the person. There is a tutorial on how to do this at the top of the discussion page. Just an FYI, lots of folks don't read the "Activity" board daily. Hang in there, I've made the same mistakes myself! :)
    @ericnliz - appreciate pointing me to the tutorial.  I will check it out.  Thanks.

Niki
  • Options
    SAM said:
    @Niki_Pur, looks like you figured out how to respond on a thread.  Have you figured out how to PM vs post on someone’s board?
    @SAM - slowly figuring things out.  After reading the tutorial, I have a better sense of PMs vs posting on someone's board. Thank you and @ericnliz

Niki
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart - I tried filling the grey and black tanks to see if the SeeLevel monitor responded. No luck.  Will keep trying to resolve this challenge.

Niki
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    @Niki_Pur old school checks are always an option. If water is coming up out of your shower drain your grey tank is full. To check the black tank you just hold the flush lever open and peer down into the tank. A flashlight of some kind is helpful here. Have you called NuCamp and asked them about your Seelevel issues? That might be a good idea next week(7/9) when they’re back in the office. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart.  The old school checks make sense.  Appreciate your input. 

Niki