Options

Oh, Oh - Gray Water Valve Assembly Missing :-(

Was doing dishes this morning (full sink). Went to take the garbage out and the pavement was all wet. Hmmmmm, looked under the T@B and low-n-behold, the gray water valve is missing. Looks like it broke off. Don't have a clue how long it's been gone. I've been miserly with gray water so haven't noticed wet ground till now.
I would imagine it's a standard part that any RV service could replace - or do I need to go to a T@B dealer? The nearest dealer is in Las Vegas but their website doesn't mention "service". As I've mentioned before, I would never take something like this to my dealer, they're sales, not service so I'm leary.

What do ya'll think/recommend?

----------
Trying to think when the last time I was in any kind of rough area where it could have got clinked and that was two weeks ago - Would think I would have noticed in that amount of time if it'd have happened way back then. Hmmmmmmm

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Sorry, dbl posted trying to get image uploaded - still doesn't seem to have the image :-(
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    So PXL, Does it look like it broke off, or did it just fall off the pipe ie: was it never glued?

If the latter, I'd think you could pick up a valve assy at any RV parts/service place and glue it on. Then make sure your hangar is sturdy.

I remember reading, either here or the Yahoo group, that the hangar system for the graywater/blackwater valves was failing on these later model Tabs (LG), or maybe just badly attached. 

If that's what's failed on yours, it might be covered by Little Guy.

I'd like to see that pic.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Looks like it broke off rather than the glue giving way - the four corners are all broken (see pic - if it uploads.
  • Options
    Wallow - I see that, the closest to me would be in the Henderson area (80-90 miles away)
    Sandra - Thanks for the number for Ed - There's a couple of other warranty issues I need taken care of also - Will have to call tomorrow, they're probably closed (time zone difference).
  • Options
    mawebbmawebb Member Posts: 257
    If I recall, they use simple pipe strapping to hold the valve assemblies in place. It works, but I am not that confident that it will stand up over time as it is not that strong and subject to corrosion, given that it's only galvanized steel. It's something that I am going to look into finding something a bit more robust. 
    Martin - Trailer name: James T@Berius Kirk 
  • Options
    Deltaboy59Deltaboy59 Member Posts: 315
    I would think that it is designed to break away easily and also easily replaceable since it is so exposed. If it is connected too securely it could damage the RV when hit. Let us know how you repair it...
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    My jockey wheel shaft has been sacrificed three times now, protecting the gray and black drains.

I've been able to pound it back into shape with a hammer, but I'm thinking that's better than wrecking those tank drains.

One day I'll learn to watch out for those humped driveways.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Sandra - Ed was out for the day so sent him an email. Thanks for the contact info.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    When you call the factory, tell whomever answers the phone what you need. There are other people who can help, and they can send you to someone else who could help. It's easier than waiting for Ed to wade through all of his emails.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Thanks Verna - I know from my last encounter that they need more Eds - Don't know how he keeps up or keeps his sanity.
  • Options
    Verna, much easier to do an emai cuz you can include pics - pics are worth a thousand words Ya know. Emails can also be passed off to others with very little explanation. Voice can't be without repeating the entire conversation (or near so) and hoping you get it all correct. Sent initial on the 19th and resent again yesterday.

Went ahead and got the gray water assembly replaced as I passed through Kingman, couldn't wait.. Doesn't match what was but they worked with the parts they had on hand so at some point will need a redo. The rest of the email is just issues I'm having that others have had also and not critical time wise. So will see how long it takes Ed to find it.

• Options
    Ok - Which one of you alerted Ed :-)
    He responded today , coincidence? Hmmmmm.

Unfortunately I'm now nowhere close to shipping destination so will have to alert him when I am. Does FedEx deliver to Death Valley - Probably not.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I've had things shipped to UPS offices, and also to campgrounds.  It never hurts to ask. If you have the street address of the local post office, you can have it shipped to them. Ask them how the address should read.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    PXLated, I saw UPS going through the Grand Staircase last week.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Verna - I've been doing the general delivery thingy for mail and that works as long as you know where you're going to be for a certain period of time. Usually it's just to you, general delivery and the zip.
    Jenn - Hmmmm - I'll have to ask once I get further north to the main ranger station. I've seen UPS/FedEx trucks in some campgrounds but have asked in others and it's been a no.
  • Options
    jenn - you mentioned you were going to Vegas at some point and going to try to get to Valley of Fire and Red Rock - Did you make it?
    After Death Valley I'm thinkin of headin that way. Still a little nippy at night up at Valley of Fire. Should be better in a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    PXLated - I was in Vegas a couple of weeks ago. While in Vegas, I noticed that the forecast for Bryce Canyon was calling fir snow, so I headed up to Bryce Canyon. I shot there and Kodachrome Basin and made side trips up to Escalante and Zion & Kolob Canyons. I covered a lot of ground in 4 days, but that is how I roll! I only wish I could have had my T@b.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Jennifer - Cool - That is a lot of ground. You've said you like snow, I'm avoiding it so waiting on those areas.