Options

CS-S Owner with growing family picking up a 400 on Monday

maddmikemaddmike Member Posts: 137
So, my wife, baby, and I have discovered the T@B life just this year. Love the trailers and the forum. We picked up a like new '17 CS-S a couple of months ago and it is a huge upgrade from our tent camping.

Top features for us have been: indoor bath which is useful in the middle of the night for obvious reasons, outdoor kitchen as I am tall and can't quite stand up inside and we are camping so we want to be outdoors most of the time (bed is always set up), out door shower which is useful due to my height and the fact that we tend to camp at the beach, air conditioning and black out shades (we have a baby and she needs her naps), pass through cabinets accessible from the inside or the kitchen, and of course the lightness and ease of towing. The size is perfect for us and I have no issues sleeping on the bed at a slight angle. Still room for the wife and the baby.

However, we do have three dogs and the fact that our daughter is not staying a baby and will need her own space. We have only ever taken one dog with us camping. We have long wanted a Airstream Bambi 16 but we can't justify spending $50k on a weekend toy.

We went down to a dealer and compared the LG Max against the 400 and it was not even close for us. the 400 was in a totally different league in fit, finish, design, and quality (Max was rusting and coming apart in some places on the lot, Forest River product next to it looked better). Looked for a late model Bambi but they still sell used for $40k. 400 it is then.

Came to an agreement on numbers for a '19 400 from Wilmington RV. Put down some money and will pick up Monday just in time for our 4th of July camping getaway. I hate to sell the CS as I really prefer the out door kitchen. My wife actually wanted a 400 with an out door kitchen but they don't make it. At least in my short ownership I have added a couple of awnings and an upgraded battery for the next owner and waxed the whole thing. I think I'm selling at the lowest price anywhere for a '17 as I don't need two.

Wish us luck in further adventures in our 400.

Comments