Options

SYSTEM FAILURE...T@B400

124»

Comments

• Options
    irvingjirvingj Member Posts: 335
    Om3, you picked a great time for your AK trip.... it's been pretty miserable around here lately. Not bad today, but last week was awful!

Sorry to read about your hitch issues (had my boat pop off 3 days ago, fortunately while still on my driveway!) but glad no serious damage and you're back in business. Welcome back to the great NE when you get here!
  • Options
    JonWJonW Member Posts: 37
    edited July 2018
    @Om3 - PM me when you're back in Mass if you'd like to get together and compare T@Bs
    JonW - 2018 T@B 320U
    Marlborough, Mass
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,595

Now that you are safely back home (based on another post) please consider posting
    Pictures of the defective Coupler.

Perhaps a few different angles/views so we all can see what 'Bullet Proof' found.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Om3Om3 Member Posts: 72
    MuttonChops...We will do so...but; first, we will give John Mullet at NuCamp the courtesy of seeing
    the couplet and receipt! We had every intention of stopping by NuCamp on the way back. Unfortunately, everyone was tied up with the rally.

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I am glad to see your issue resolved. It is really unnerving to not know, for sure, the cause of a problem. Makes me wonder if this a fluke or if Attwood will be issuing a recall?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    JonWJonW Member Posts: 37
    FWIW the defective coupler I had on my 320 that was replaced by the dealer had nothing visible to indicate it was defective, so a picture would not be helpful.  The symptom was it would not slide back and forth fully (or at all) to engage or disengage around the ball, even after lubing the heck out of everything. 

The large pin that goes thru the coupler frame and the sliding portion had play in it so it being too tight was not the problem.

I suspect that the metal sliding part on top was bent too much and friction between it and the coupler frame was the culprit.
    JonW - 2018 T@B 320U
    Marlborough, Mass
  • Options
    Om3Om3 Member Posts: 72
    An update on our T@B400 couplet...We received an email from Renee, Warranty Administrator at
    Nucamp. After reviewing the detailed receipt from Bullet Proof in Fairbanks, we will be compensated for the replacement of the original couplet. Another reason why the folks at Nucamp take the safety
    and quality of their products seriously!

Again, Happy Trails to all...we plan on traveling and exploring the beauty of New Hampshire,
    Vermont and Maine until the snow flies!

• Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    That's great to hear, @Om3, and thanks for the update.  Did you ever get any photos of the faulty coupler, or would it not show anything obvious?
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods