Options

Maddmike’s new 400

2»

Comments

• Options
    maddmikemaddmike Member Posts: 137
    Minor complaints are around the stereo--probably since I didn't have one in my old tab:
    • Is there a way to change all the zone volumes at the same time? It is a pain to have to change each zone individually
    • Is there a station scan function? Manual tuning is so 1980s
    • Is there a way to make the screen go totally dark. The clock function when the unit is off is too bright and we ended up putting tape on it to be able to sleep
    I'm sure it has all been covered before so I apologize for the repetition.
  • Options
    robptrobpt Member Posts: 90

Very nice pictures! I have to share my 400 with just my wife and I  find the space inside a real luxury for just the two of us. I know you're finding the Clam Pavilion to be a real bonus for your group. I remember 2 camping trips prior when a couple slowly cruised by my campsite twice before the husband later finally approached me. I was getting ready to give him the spiel along the lines of, "It's a T@B 400 and it's made by a company called...." but, before I could start, he told me that his wife was really interested in my screen house, and they both wanted to know the name and where it could be bought.

About your questions on the Jensen: Can't answer the first two, but to dim the Jensen (if they haven't changed models out for 2019) you go to the second button down on the left in the middle of the unit which is the negative button for Bright. Hit it two or 3 times to black out the screen.  

North Florida T@B 400 towed by a 2014 Nissan Frontier
  • Options
    maddmikemaddmike Member Posts: 137
    robpt said:

Very nice pictures! I have to share my 400 with just my wife and I  find the space inside a real luxury for just the two of us. I know you're finding the Clam Pavilion to be a real bonus for your group. I remember 2 camping trips prior when a couple slowly cruised by my campsite twice before the husband later finally approached me. I was getting ready to give him the spiel along the lines of, "It's a T@B 400 and it's made by a company called...." but, before I could start, he told me that his wife was really interested in my screen house, and they both wanted to know the name and where it could be bought.

About your questions on the Jensen: Can't answer the first two, but to dim the Jensen (if they haven't changed models out for 2019) you go to the second button down on the left in the middle of the unit which is the negative button for Bright. Hit it two or 3 times to black out the screen.  

So I thied that, but have been unable to black out the clock. Any other suggestions? I don't want to carry painters tape with me all the time.
  • Options
    PamandJohnUpNorth2PamandJohnUpNorth2 Member Posts: 141
    The way we dim our Jensen is to turn on the unit using the remote,  hold down the "dim" button (the silver button in the the middle of three silver buttons on the right side of the unit) until it displays "dimmer brightness level #", next  turn the big knob (volume knob) on the left side counter_clockwise until the brightness level is zero. The display should be blank now. Use the remote to power off the unit.
    Let us all know if that works on your unit or not.
    Pam and John
    Champlin, Minnesota
    2018 T@B400 and a 2018 Ridgeline 

• Options
    sdenhofsdenhof Member Posts: 43
     I do those exact steps but the clock comes on with enough light to bug us. Any thoughts? If the dimmer is set to off shouldn't it be completely dark?
    2018 Tab 400 towed by 2013 F150
    Evanston Wyoming home
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Very nice setup Mike.  Family too...  I camped with my nephew last weekend, and his little one was naughty..  I asked him, how do you discipline “cute”?  He said it’s tough...
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI