Options

Tab 400 wiring and plumbing diagrams

Are the wiring and plumbing diagrams available on line for the Tab 400?
Don & Mary
2018 Tab 400
2019 Tundra CM
Wisconsin

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,419
    Not that I am aware of.

They are not really available for the 320 either. The ones posted here were created by members based on careful assessment of their own trailers. If somebody with a 400 does the same, I'll load 'em up!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    DeltaPopDeltaPop Member Posts: 28
    Thanks Scott
    Don & Mary
    2018 Tab 400
    2019 Tundra CM
    Wisconsin
  • Options
    LSkrabutLSkrabut Member Posts: 136
    I gotten this jpg from Renee @ NuCamp last Dec.

It only shows from the 7 way plug to Junction to Converter to Battery for my 400.

It does not show the inverter wiring or solar charger PWM. But I was told after the Solar PWM, the wiring is directly connected to the battery, with a 30 amp fuse inline on the positive lead. So the solar panels are always charging the battery  if the panels are able to. Note: For those who stage their solar charger PWM/MPPT via the 7 way plug, the disconnect switch is between the plug and battery. This also means if one stores their 400 in an area where the panels do not receive a charge, the PWM is a small drain on the battery! Might want to consider removing the PWM 30 amp fuse. :)

The Inverter is also directly connected to the battery and is able to run if both the AC is disconnected and battery cutoff switch is off. 

I have verified on my 400 the above is correct.

Utah Driven

2019 T@B 400 (Ex 2018 400)

2015 MB GLK 250 Diesel

2018 GMC Canyon Denali Duramax CCSB

• Options
    JilongJilong Member Posts: 85
    I wish I had found this post before I installed the rear-view camera on my T@B 400! After removing the cloth-covered panel behind the bed, I found a big bunch of differently-colored wires and this diagram matches what I saw. I ended up splicing into the running light wires to power the camera.
    2018 Tab 400 × 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD
  • Options
    dvgibsondvgibson Member Posts: 33
    @Jilong: I am doing the same with our T@B 400 now. I want to connect it to the Running Lights so I always have control over it from the TV. But how do you get the cloth-covered panel off? I hesitate forcing things. Where did you mount you camera? Any photos? 
    T@B 400 2018 Tacoma TRD SR5
  • Options
    JilongJilong Member Posts: 85
    @dvgibson The buttons on that cloth-covered panel are button snaps that pop right off to expose Phillips-head screws.

For the camera, I mounted it above the lip directly over the license plate light. The "bumper" panel on the rear of the T@B 400 that has the license plate can be partially lifted off once the seven square-head screws on the bottom are removed. Once the bumper panel is lifted up, you can see the hole through which the license plate light wires are pulled through into the interior.

I drilled a hole on the lip above the license plate and pulled the power wires though the hole, then pushed them into the same hole with the license plate light wires into the interior of the T@B 400. I found the license plate lights are already spliced into the running light wires, so I just did the same thing. After everything was wired properly and mounted fully, I put a big dollop of silicone over the hole that I drilled through the bumper panel to make it watertight.
    2018 Tab 400 × 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD
  • Options
    dvgibsondvgibson Member Posts: 33
    Thanks, @Jilong. Just out there studying mine and about to proceed as you have done. 
    T@B 400 2018 Tacoma TRD SR5