Options

Fridge/cs-s

How do you run the fridge on propane on a cs-s? I see no button on the fridge?

Comments

• Options
    ChrisandAlexisChrisandAlexis Member Posts: 120
    @Pete8674, the CS-S fridge is a 2 way. Runs off of 12 volts or shore power only.
    Chris and Alexis-- Roseville, California--2017 T@B CS-S--Toyota 4Runner
  • Options
    NanNan Member Posts: 7
    I too have this fridge. How do I turn it off when the trailer is in storage? I don't want it to drain the battery.

Thanks.
    Bossed around by Italian Greyhounds! Traveling in 2018 CS-S pulled by a 2015 Honda Odyssey. Loving all life's adventures! 
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I think the knob is in the inside of the fridge toward the back. But if you are putting your T@B in storage you really need to turn off the battery itself by using the cutoff switch, removing the inline battery fuse, or disconnecting the wires at the posts. There are many items on the T@B that are always on "parasitic drains" and will kill your battery in a few days. (Propane detector, ceiling fan, Jensen radio, etc.) Turning everything off is not really OFF unless you isolate the battery from the system.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    @Nan, what year is your Tab?  They started placing battery cut-off switches in the late 2016 models.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    NanNan Member Posts: 7
    @Sharon_is_SAM, hi Sharon, just got the 2018 CS-S. I figured out how to turn off the battery this morning, and also hooked the trailer to the AC power from my house. Thanks for taking the time to help this newbie out.
    Bossed around by Italian Greyhounds! Traveling in 2018 CS-S pulled by a 2015 Honda Odyssey. Loving all life's adventures! 
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    Welcome @Nan.  Have you figured out when you need to have the battery cut-off switch on vs off?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    The only time you really need to have the battery "Off" is when it is in storage for a length of time. You need it on for driving if you have a charge line. You need it on when plugged in so that your shore power can charge the battery.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    elberethelbereth Member Posts: 105
    @Nan, I have a 2018 CS-S.  I keep it plugged in between weekend trips to keep the battery topped off, so I do keep the battery switch turned on.  I turn the knob inside the fridge to 0 and that turns off the cooling (light will turn on when you open fridge door).

When you do this, don’t forget to pull out and empty the drip tray under the freezer section once everything has thawed.  *learned the hard way*
    2018 T@B CS-S Towed by 2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i in the wilds of Minnesota
  • Options
    ChrisandAlexisChrisandAlexis Member Posts: 120
    @Nan, if you want the CS fridge completely off, turn the inside fridge knob all the way to zero until you feel a click. I did not do that the first time I used it and there was some current draw.
    Chris and Alexis-- Roseville, California--2017 T@B CS-S--Toyota 4Runner