Options

Water pump not working

I have a new "last years model" 2017 320 U. The waterpump makes noise but nothing happens. Please look at video, Let me know what you think might be wrong. I just got this thing home from buying it in NY, and I live in NC.

https://versiant-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/p/christopher_fogarty/EZ6LWuJyNu1AkPqTXpg_M3oB5UVaugN6QxOehygL52dNaA?e=H4V3Ql

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    @cfogarty1964, your video kept cutting out, so I am not sure if you were able to draw water through the disconnected pump or not.  Was there debris in your pump filter- frequently a culprit.  You may not have a prime, so reconnect the output side of the pump and use a turkey Baster to put some water into the tubing on the intake side of the pump.  Also, try flushing the toilet.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    cfogarty1964cfogarty1964 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. I don’t have a toilet it is a 320 U. With the pump disconnected and the short intake hose in a bowl of water it would not draw. The filter was clear. 

Thanks for for your input. I will try priming it.
  • Options
    Able to watch your video.  Assuming you tightened the connections on the filter so that the pump is not sucking air, and the suction is poor, sure sounds like a defective pump.  
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Call the factory.  They will send new one..  Easy install...i can do it...You can do it... i think it was something like 55 or so.  Do a search, youll find my discussion install...
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    If your 2017 is a new dealer purchase, it is still under warranty.  
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    There is a filter just off the pump. Somewhere on the forum there’s a picture of it. You can look and see if there is any debris clogging it up and you can remove the cap to clean it out. Sometimes there’s construction debris here and there. Good luck!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    ErikUErikU Member Posts: 1
    Have you found a solution yet? Mine was having the same problem. I finally decided to hook up to city water, run water through the sink. While the water was running, I  turned on the pump. After a few sputters the water was running. I then shut off the city water. The pump was working! Im assuming the pressure of the city water created a siphon effect to pull water up from the fresh tank to prime the pump.
  • Options
    I think the city water just fills the plumbing and the Alde tank, so it is easier for the pump to pressurize as all the air is out of the plumbing.  They say not to run your pump while connected to city water as it can damage your pump.