Options

Has anyone slept in a T@G XL ?

I am thinking about switching to a T@G XL boondock edge from a 320 css. Main reason is my wife and I are tall and unless we hit the Nyquil hard we won't sleep much. And since we are aren't doing much more than moving this summer, I thought I would ask. 

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    edited July 2018
    Check out the T@G forum.  Look for it under “Categories” on the left side of the page.

http://teardrop-trailers.vanillacommunity.com/discussions
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    broderiusbroderius Member Posts: 32
    I'm asking T@b owners as I am considering a switch. Looking to see if they liked it or not. You know, the standard pros and con list. Thanks. 
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Most T@B owners have never owned a T@G or any other teardrop. It would be hard to form an opinion without previous experience. 

I vote NO to me moving down to a T@G, as I have owned two teardrops. I slept very well in my T@B S Max and am sleeping well in my T@B 400.

My opinion with experience.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @Verna Now @broderius just has to hear from someone who’s not the teeniest bit vertically challenged.🙃
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Oh yeah.....I am 5’4”, but not claustrophobic. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    linolino Member Posts: 226
    I have a T@B but also have a little guy 6 wide which I think has the same size bed. I really like the 6 wide and think I would like the T@G xl

We are both under 5 1/2 feet tall so our feet fit well

We decided to upsize to be able to stand and cook inside when we wanted to

We love the six wide but wanted more

Not sure if this helps, if you post more questions I will try to answer them

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Thank you for the feedback everyone. I am pretty tall and I love the clamshell setup but just need a bigger bed. Why oh why do they not make a T@b XL? Lol I am going to sit in one and see how they feel compared to the t@b.  I know I would lose a toliet and hot water but those are wicked easy to remedy and I got into campers as tent sleeping just doesnt fit my body anymore.  Either way I love Nücamp. 
  • Options
    VikingsVikings Member Posts: 147
    Consider sleeping longitudinally, ie front to back vs wheelwell to wheelwell, by adding a collapsible stool to the the floor space between door and bathroom door. 
    When we take our grandson with us we sleep this way, grandson being in short space on drivers side of CS-S trailer, and grandma and grandpa in the remaining space.  An old stool we had from my parents or grandparents was the exact size we needed and supports feet/legs that extend beyond the bed.

Kim & Mary Kay,  2016 CS-S,  Spokane, WA

Map of Provinces I Visited

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 154
    edited July 2018
    I am 6'5" and a T@G xl owner.  I use it constantly (currently on a 7 day trip with my oldest son) and don't have any issues with bed length.  Use a smaller pillow and that's that.  I have "tried on" a couple of T@B's and found the T@G to have more overall sleeping room.  Too many "head-knockers" in the T@B for me.  But keep in mind, I like the T@G better mostly because of its diminutive towing profile.  As to beds, I haven't fit properly on a bed since I was 9.  Besides, the most basic T@G beats the softest (tent camping) rockpile.  
    WilliamA 
    2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Can generally be found around west-central Wisconsin.  
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    WilliamA said:
    I am 6'5" and a T@G xl owner.  I use it constantly (currently on a 7 day trip with my oldest son) and don't have any issues with bed length.  Use a smaller pillow and that's that.  I have "tried on" a couple of T@B's and found the T@G to have more overall sleeping room.  Too many "head-knockers" in the T@B for me.  But keep in mind, I like the T@G better mostly because of its diminutive towing profile.  As to beds, I haven't fit properly on a bed since I was 9.  Besides, the most basic T@G beats the softest (tent camping) rockpile.  
    WilliamA 
    Thanks WilliamA, I am 6'3" and my wife is 5'10". We love the T@b but sleeping is the main reason we got one. We just layed down in a T@G xl and I think we are going to trade in and up. I was worried about it being cramped for head room but it wasn't bad. I could turn over without hitting my wife. Lol.  Thank you for the input.