Options

Alde filling hot water tank

how do you fill the hot water tank in the heating system? I just brought home my new 320 home and am in the process of testing everything and the Alde manual states in section 1.7 that you must fill the hot water tank in the heating system, just wondering how do I do this.

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,495
    edited July 2018
    Pressurizing the plumbing by connecting to city water (with a regulator) or using your fresh water tank/pump will fill your Alde.  To conserve volume from your fresh water tank while dry camping, connect to city water at home and bleed the air by opening your faucets/shower -during this time, your Alde tank will fill.  Then when you turn on your pump to get water from your fresh tank, the Alde will already be full.  

I used to think it was necessary to open faucets to fill the Alde, but if you leave your Alde drain open and connect to city water, it will immediately drain from the Alde tank under the camper.  Same thing using the fresh tank/pump.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 585
    @Sharon_is_SAM, I thought to fill the Alde required turning on a hot water faucet so water gets pulled into the hot water tank (whether from the fresh water tank or city water)?
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,495
    Debbie, you are right.  When I think about it, opening the faucet and opening the Alde drain result in the same thing as far as opening the system and creating a point of low resistance for the water to travel.  So, yes, just open your faucet and bleed the air and draw the water to the tank.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio