MODS: New Outlet, Getting rid of extra parts in camper

BruceMortlandBruceMortland Member Posts: 3
edited August 2018 in Modifications & Upgrades
We purchased our T@B 320S last October and went to the NuCamp '18 rally. Talking with all the great folks at the rally gave me the courage to start modding my camper. Here are the things I've done.

The first thing we did was get rid of those crazy corner cushions. We sleep in two separate side-by-side beds rather than create the double bed. At night we always had a pile of cushions. Goodbye, cushions!!!

Then we removed the lid for those crazy cubbies underneath the back cabinets. Now we can see what is where and things don't have to fit exactly inside those cubbies. This was HUGE in terms of making life easier! That storage needs to be easily accessible and the lid just made everything harder!

We took our table out. Most the time, we found ourselves trying to get around the table and rarely, USING the table. So, out it goes. On my list is to build a smaller table that will just hinge up and down where the table was mounted before.

Finally, I swapped out the two 110v sockets under the back cabinets for a single 110v and two USB ports. That way I have access to USB charging when I'm in bed at night. I should note that this mod required drilling NO holes. The project was made easier by removing the side panel of this compartment by removing the two screws (can't see them here) and sliding the panel out.

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Nice job.  Just be aware the USB plugs add to your phantom draw.  The hinged table will be unique.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    We not only leave the funky corner cushions home, we leave the back cushions for the bench seats home too. We leave the twin beds in place all the time and those cushions are just in the way. A throw pillow takes less space and works for back support when we’re sitting inside.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York