Options

Walmart RV Selection

jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
Most of T@b gear is ordered online (Thank you Amazon Prime.) Tonight, while at Walmart, I cruised by the RV section because people are often mentioning thing are available at Walmart. The section wasn't even 1/4th of one side of an aisle. Is that standard or does it vary by location? This was a big Walmart but RVing is not real big in the 'Burgh.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Varies by location from my experience.
    But how specific are you being about "RV" gear? Including general camping stuff at all? Some from the auto section. The lawn/garden section?
    I was recently in Camping World and I could probably categorize a lot of the stuff as other than RV/camping. Could be used outside that definition.
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Yes, it very much varies by location.  Our local store has a great selection, it is one full side of an aisle.  They have trailer equipment in a different section and have a good selection there too.

I have also ordered things for the T@Bpole online through Walmart and get it shipped to the store for free.  Our store has lockers that the items are placed in.  When it comes in, you get an email that you scan and the locker automatically opens up for you.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    leenscottflleenscottfl Member Posts: 254
    Was at my nearest WallyWorld yesterday. About 1/4 aisle. But given the small space they had a wide selection.
    Scott, Orange Park, Florida...2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara... 2015 T@B S Maxx "Buttercup".
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    edited March 2015

PXLated said:
    Varies by location from my experience.
    But how specific are you being about "RV" gear? Including general camping stuff at all? Some from the auto section. The lawn/garden section?
    I was recently in Camping World and I could probably categorize a lot of the stuff as other than RV/camping. Could be used outside that definition.

I was in the automotive section and thinking RV specific. I am mostly curious in the event I need something last minute or while on the road. Our closest CW is 2 hours away and we don't have RV dealers much closer. There are a couple of trailer places nearby.

Getting my T@b equipped without the Internet would have really stunk!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I've only been near a Camping World twice in my travels. Have relied on either Walmart or RV service places along my route. Camp hosts seem to be the best source I've found for RV parts/service places. There's lots of RV sales outfits but not that many services.
    ----------
    The biggest problem I've found is if you need something fixed and need someone to do it rather than buying the parts, you'll be sitting for a week + waiting for a service slot opening. Found one place in Kingman, AZ (Trotters) that doesn't take appointments, first come, first served. Was there at 7:30 and out by 8:45 (they replaced my broken gray water valve).
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    The Walmart RV gear varies as does camping related gear in their stores.   If you are in a tourist state like Florida some stores are more heavily stocked and you can find some items that are not carried in lesser demand areas like the Midwest.  It's more of the supply and demand strategy and geographic draw does enter into each stores strategy.   As Nate noted, some items can be found on-line, ordered and shipped direct to any Walmart store as I have done the same thing.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    SgtjohnSgtjohn Member Posts: 238
    All true.  However, one can order RV accessories off of Walmart's website and pick it up in the store and there is no shipping on pickup.
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    edited March 2015
    The Walmart stores near a COE area usually have a lot in the RV section, too.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.