Options

The continuing pursuit of more storage...

JanandDaveJanandDave Member Posts: 119
edited August 2018 in Modifications & Upgrades
Hi All,

Finished a project recently that I've been working on for a while. Thought I'd send along some pics. Keep in mind that we keep the T@B in full bed mode about 100% of the time and live in the attached tent.

Some time ago, I posted this first pic of shelves I built under the rear cabinets with added recessed LED lighting.

Decided to take it further and redo the slightly modified original rear shelf by adding two more cabinets.

First I removed the old shelf and unscrewed the front side to side trim piece. Then lowered the board in the back to be even with the bulkhead behind the cushion and added a couple of spacers to keep it all stable and square. This added about an inch and one half of depth to the area.

Next I built two three sided boxes and installed them on either side using two hidden screws for each. 

Then built a new removable shelf to fit between the boxes that holds a heat vent for the Alde and a 110 volt outlet with two USB charging ports.
The outlet plugs into another outlet mounted down below.

Next built a face frame and doors using the original front trim piece and some more natural birch.

This whole unit just snaps in place using four cabinet door catches identical to the ones already in use from the factory.

It takes about 5 minutes to remove it all for glycol reservoir inspection and/or maintenance. Also, it doesn't interfere with the operation of the bench back. So far it has it has stayed in place while travelling and provides a lot more cabinet space.

Still working on what's next.   :)
2016 T@B 320 Max S  "T@BsentMinded"
2009 Subaru Outback R 3.0
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Super Cab

Comments