Options

Number of 120v AC circuits

How many separate 120v AC circuits are there in the T@B 400?  Are all the 120v outlets powered by the optional inverter or are only certain ones powered?

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,419
    I don't know specifically, but if you check your 120V breaker panel there should be one breaker for each circuit. I can tell you there is only one circuit in the 320.
    I also vaguely recall that the inverter is wired to its own particular outlet. I could be imagining that, however. Hopefully someone who has a 400 can confirm or correct me.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    @falcon1970 This wasn't clear to me either when I first got my 400. There is only one 120 volt outlet that is available when using the inverter/not connected to "shorepower". The active outlet is the one on the angled wall at the foot of the bed/stove end of the kitchen.
    Pam and John
    Champlin, Minnesota
    2018 T@B400 and a 2018 Ridgeline 

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    edited September 2018

@ScottG , for this 320 box, do you mean only 1 circuit for an inverter or only 1 circuit for the entire Tab?  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    tabiphiletabiphile Member Posts: 426
    The breaker box photo is showing 5 fused AC circuits. The label on the cover shows what they are. There is one AC input to the box and then it is split to those services. Are we understanding you question correctly?
  • Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 754
    Occasionally my daughter and her husband might travel with me.  My daughter uses a CPAP.  Somewhere I read/heard/saw that the little cubby next to the bed was sized to fit a CPAP.  I thought that was handy as there is an 120vac outlet in that cubby--all nice and neat. Now I wonder.  I may have to rethink this.  Looks like there is only one circuit for GFCI outlet(s) (however many there are) with the others three being dedicated to the ALDE, the A/C, and the refrigerator.
    I'd bet a "T@B 400 for Dummies" book would sell well!
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    edited September 2018
    In the photo shown I don't see a dedicated circuit for the inverter power. If the trailer is wired with a transfer swtich that can either use battery/inverter or shore power and switch between the two instantly when shore power is available, then a common main panel could be used. Wiring the system like that, all power would go through the main panel regardless of source (inverter or shore power) and could use common breakers. Some inverters do have their own circuit protection, so maybe that is the case?

I would interpret the branch labels as ALL power is on the GFI branch circuit unless labeled otherwise. In the 2019 models I would also expect the optional microwave to maybe get it's own circuit too?
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    That photo is of a 320 breaker box.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,419
    edited September 2018

@ScottG , for this 320 box, do you mean only 1 circuit for an inverter or only 1 circuit for the entire Tab?  
    I'm referring to circuits dedicated to the 120V cabin receptacles. If there is more than one circuit, there will be more more than one breaker in the AC distribution panel.
    In the 320, the single "Branch #1: GFI" 15A breaker serves those receptacles, as well as providing power to the converter.
    (The other branches--Alde, A/C, and Fridge--also run to individual receptacles, but those are dedicated to their respective appliances and are not readily accessible for general use.)
    I don't know specifically how T@B 400 inverters are wired, but since the power supply to the inverter is 12V, it should NOT have its own breaker in the 120V distribution panel. However, it probably has some sort of breaker or fuse between the inverter itself and the receptacle dedicated to the inverter.
    2015 T@B S