2019 Factory Solar Package Questions (factory install on 320 CS-S)

Does anyone know what the factory is installing for there solar package, Particularly what kind of solar controller and size? Are they bluetooth compatible?

Comments

• cycleblokecyclebloke Member Posts: 9
    I recently posed the question to NuCamp on a T@B 400 and they responded they currently use Sunflare solar panels equipped with a Victron Energy Smart Solar Controller.  I am assuming the smart means it has bluetooth, but not completely sure.

TJ
    Traverse City/San Diego 
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    I recently posed the question to NuCamp on a T@B 400 and they responded they currently use Sunflare solar panels equipped with a Victron Energy Smart Solar Controller.  I am assuming the smart means it has bluetooth, but not completely sure.

Yes, the Victron SmartSolar controllers have Bluetooth connectivity. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• dhaufdhauf Member Posts: 199
    I’ll be able to tell you this week.  I am taking delivery of my new 2019 Tab that will have factory solar.  I’m curious as well since my 2018 had a 100w panel and 50w panel in parallel and a SRNE 40A PWM solar control with Bluetooth.  The controller is fairly cheap and I was planning on switching it to a Victron.  Not sure what the 2019 has yet, my trailer is being swapped out due to floor and ceiling issues and multiple water leaks.
    edited September 2018
    So we brought it home today and the factory solar set up is different.  They are now using one bigger panel mounted up front.  Not sure of the brand of panel but looks to be of good quality.  The controller has also been changed to the Victron Energy 75/10 MPPT controller which I was very pleased about.  Whats very interesting is that there is no solar panel wiring outside the camper whatsoever!  I can't figure out how they did this!  Again this is a 2019 T@b 320S

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    That is a really nice, clean install. I am seriously considering moving the AGM batteries, solar controller, and battery shunt inside of the trailer. I have also considered adding a permanently installed panel, in addition to my portables. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    jkjenn said:
    That is a really nice, clean install. I am seriously considering moving the AGM batteries, solar controller, and battery shunt inside of the trailer. I have also considered adding a permanently installed panel, in addition to my portables. 
    The new single panel that NuCamp installs is very nice and the wiring leads are beneath it, resulting in a very impressive, clean, seamless installation.  No more wires running across the top and it is a beautiful installation with the Victron controller and blue tooth app to monitor the panel and battery voltage.  I’m very satisfied and happy I bought this upgrade (190W panel).
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
    jkjenn said:
    The new single panel that NuCamp installs is very nice and the wiring leads are beneath it, resulting in a very impressive, clean, seamless installation.  No more wires running across the top and it is a beautiful installation with the Victron controller and blue tooth app to monitor the panel and battery voltage.  I’m very satisfied and happy I bought this upgrade (190W panel).
    @Michigan_Mike This is a 190W panel?  Austin wasn’t too sure when I was asking him he said he thought it was 130W.  190W seems more like it considering the size of it.  The no wiring confused me at first.  I’m still wondering how they did it and sealed it to keep water out.  Wish I could see a picture of it being installed. 
    dhauf said:
    jkjenn said:
    @Michigan_Mike This is a 190W panel?  Austin wasn’t too sure when I was asking him he said he thought it was 130W.  190W seems more like it considering the size of it.  The no wiring confused me at first.  I’m still wondering how they did it and sealed it to keep water out.  Wish I could see a picture of it being installed. 
    You might have a smaller panel and need to contact Marvin as he will know your specs and will be able to verify it for you as it’s input in their computer system via your trailer build specs.  Mine is a 190W panel and powers up my two 6-volt batteries.  
    Thanks I'll reach out to him as I am curious about it.  Pretty slick though I really like it over my previous camper. So clean.
  • rjgorsrjgors Member Posts: 41
    edited September 2018
    I have a 2019 T@B 320 S with the factory solar panel and controller with a different setup.

Bob
    Richmond, MI

2019 T@B 320 S
    rjgors said:
    I have a 2019 T@B 320 S with the factory solar panel and controller with a different setup.

That’s exactly what I had on my 2018 unit!
  • rjgorsrjgors Member Posts: 41
    dhauf said:
    rjgors said:

That’s exactly what I had on my 2018 unit!
    Not sure of my build date, but curious when the change was made.
    Bob
    Richmond, MI

2019 T@B 320 S
    edited September 2018
    My 2018 Build Date was 7/2018.  Mine was returned due to issues with flooring bubbling up and ceiling issues.  So they built me this new one.  I'm not too sure of the official build date on it as they re-used my old VIN on the new trailer so I didn't have to re-register it and transfer the insurance.  By the VIN# it's a 2018 even though it's a 2019 T@b they just built 3 months ago fresh off the press.  Someone on this forum mentioned that they recently switched to this set up on the 400's so I was hopeful they did also on the 2019 T@b's and sure enough they did!  Just got official word from Marvin also this is a 133W panel.  The wiring is underneath it and enters behind the radio and down the shower wall to the battery and then over to the solar controller.
  • LSkrabutLSkrabut Member Posts: 136
    Marvin just did a field install on my 2019 400 (long Story :) ) this week.

190W Panel with the Victron Energy MPPT 75/10 controller.

Utah Driven

2019 T@B 400 (Ex 2018 400)

2015 MB GLK 250 Diesel

2018 GMC Canyon Denali Duramax CCSB

• N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    edited September 2018
    @LSkrabut Isn't that charge controller undersized for 190w panel? I read the specs as good to 145w.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 909
    N7SHG_Ham said:
    Isn't that charge controller undersized for 190w panel? I read the specs as good to 145w.
    Controller is fine.  For 24v panels => 290w input rating

@rfuss928 I agree for 24v, I looked at the 12v spec previously. So I assume then the 190w panel must be 24v?
  • DouayHADouayHA Member Posts: 36
    @Michigan_Mike

Who did the upgrade on the solar panels for you? We are looking at getting that added on to our 2017 Outback.
    2017 T@b Outback 'Little S@lty' towed by 2015 Toyota Tacoma.
    DouayHA said:
    @Michigan_Mike

Who did the upgrade on the solar panels for you? We are looking at getting that added on to our 2017 Outback.
    My 190W panel was installed at the factory while they were building my trailer.  
    edited September 2018
    DouayHA said:
    @Michigan_Mike

My 190W panel was installed at the factory while they were building my trailer.  
    I see. Sorry, I misunderstood from your post. Thought it was a post purchase upgrade. 

***Edit*** I was just reading a thread on coffee and came across the fact that you've upgraded to a 400 from the Max S. Confusion alleviated :)
    No problem...  I’m sure the factory could install a panel on your trailer if you’re interested.  The new panel has no wiring showing and is a really clean looking installation.  I really like it!  
    We're looking into what options we have. The factory doing it could be a bit of a challenge, we are in Seattle, so not exactly easy access.
  • Spectre9Spectre9 Member Posts: 39
    I’ve taken apart and resealed my ‘’18 S factory solar and it’s just about a half inch drilled hole with a tube with flare, ending in AC cabinet.  It looks like a self install here is easy,

Wiring goes up the access panel to shower on mine, but I haven’t removed anything inside but the AC
  • kaylevine1kaylevine1 Member Posts: 165
    my 2019 400 came with factory installed solar panels-2 of them i think they are 130 amp ea
  • DesertDwellerDesertDweller Member Posts: 129
    rjgors said:

This is what I have also in my T@B 320 S Boondock Lite edition.  The build date is 7/2018, but according to the VIN decoder I found elsewhere on this forum, it is a 2019 model.  That is consistent with what the dealer told me and the MVD registration.  

RJGORS: Have you been able to connect the solar controller via Bluetooth to the SolarLink App?  I have not been able to.  
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite a/k/a "The D@wghouse"
    2012 Jeep Liberty KK a/k/a "Libby"
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @DesertDweller If you want to direct a comment/question to a specific member, like your question to @rjgors, type an @ sign, and the first few letters of their name like I’ve done to you both here. It may help get their attention-especially since they posted on this thread in September.🙂
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• LSkrabutLSkrabut Member Posts: 136

When I have my 2018 400, it had the HP 2440-b controller and I was only able to connect to it VIA BT 2 or 3 times, then never again. I even called a company who sells one just like it, but under there own name, same app and I used another company's app, still never got it to work again via BT. I even totally disconnected the input to ensure a complete power off/on, still did not work via BT. The BT symbol was showing on the panel as it should. When I contacted nuCamp, I really did not get any help, but again, they swapped out my 400 for a newer 400 which ended up with a VE 75/10 controller, it works fine via BT.

Utah Driven

2019 T@B 400 (Ex 2018 400)

2015 MB GLK 250 Diesel

2018 GMC Canyon Denali Duramax CCSB

jgram2 said:
    @DesertDweller If you want to direct a comment/question to a specific member, like your question to @rjgors, type an @ sign, and the first few letters of their name like I’ve done to you both here. It may help get their attention-especially since they posted on this thread in September.🙂
    @jgram2

Thanks jgram for the hint. 
    @LSkrabut

Thanks for the info .I have started thinking about just replacing the PWM unit with the Victron MPPT unit, but I need to familiarize myself with the difference between the two unit types .I also wanted to hear back from the mothership before making any decisions. I am also not sure what size controller I need. 
    @LSkrabut the factory installed controller is now the Victron Smartsolar MPPT 75|10. About $110 many places online.