Florence & your T@b

jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
If you live within the cone, you might want to think about lowering your stabilizers, filling your tanks, and covering your T@b if you cannot move it.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Comments

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    That’s a huge path with a deadly punch! Stay safe everyone!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • AMacAMac Member Posts: 75
    Here in Wilmington NC, hoping we and our t@b 400 make it through the storm intact.
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Sayin' some prayers for you folks in the path. Please try to stay safe!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Time to load the trailers up and get out of town come hell or high water!   I think with the melting of the ice caps and more water spread across the surface of the planet these super storms are going to become more frequent.  I actually had a college professor predict this back in the mid 80’s and it’s comd to fruition.  

Stay safe folks, get out of the area and stay to the high ground!  This is scary stuff and I’ve never understood how some folks can turn their heads on warnings, predictions, advice, history, etc. and stick around and ride these things out?  100+ MPH wind speeds are no laughing matter and are obviously terrifying.  Best of luck to anyone out there on the coast and hope you are all safe!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited September 2018
    For our cousins living close to the water in Carolina Beach (Wilmington), they are currently under evacuation orders & packing up their T@B to come stay with us here in central Virginia.  I've already made room in the driveway for the twins.  We won't have the biggest winds here, but expecting upwards of 10" of rain over a few days.  Will keep our fingers crossed for no power loss, but experience tells us it's likely & when it's from a hurricane it's been at least four days without power.  Their house was built to be nearly hurricane-proof, but you never know what nature can do.

Hmm, filling tanks, now why didn't I think of that!  Thanks, @jkjenn.

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,484
    @BrianZ, get your solar ready, too!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • dhaufdhauf Member Posts: 199
    Hope all goes well for everyone!  Stay safe!
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    For a little  context, we are actually seeing fewer east coast hurricanes. Florence, a fierce storm, will likely be similar in strength to Floyd and Hazel.  The number of homes impacted, however. Has skyrocketed from: (1940) : 792,871 homes to (2018) : 11,301,776 homes.

I know we have many T@b owners in harm's way. Please be safe! I saw that racetracks in Charolette, Bristol, and Atlanta have opened their campgrounds for evacuees. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited November 2019
    Our T@B was joined by its twin cousin, a Hurricane Florence refugee, after our cousins evacuated Carolina Beach near Wilmington a few days ago..

I have also been doing some test fitting of our new Renogy Eclipse 100W solar panel on the roof of our Sienna, shown here with Dale Helman's feet =)  (that is, his idea of using rubber suction cups to support a TV roof mounting).  This panel is roughly 40x20", and I should have room for a second one if needed.

Haven't gotten very far with it, due to frequent showers from the outer bands of the storm, but I'm working on some brackets that will screw into the roof rack to secure it.  Haven't even connected it yet, but then we haven't seen the sun for a few days either.  Maybe I need to start running the battery down first.

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods