Options

New T@B Avia

2»

Comments

• Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 451
    NuCamp is branching out.  It's like when all Toyota's were all small cars.  Then along came what some people want/need, the Tundra and Sequoia.  Hopefully the quality remains.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    @verna--I don't think you understood my comments.  From what I saw in the pics, it looks like when you're done with your "business", that you have to straddle the toilet to use the sink?  Also looks like you have to straddle the toilet to use the mirror, brush your teeth, etc?  Of course there would be no need to have the faucet running while you were "taking care of business", that's not what I was saying.  It doesn't appear there is room to stand between the toilet & the sink & mirror?
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @lkc001, in my T@B 400, the fold down sink is long enough that you wouldn’t have to straddle the toilet.  The Avia has the new sink and it actually looks like it is longer than my sink. I guess we’ll figure it out when one of us sees it in person. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    I did not know that the sink is longer than the toilet— the pics are deceiving then
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    RoameyRoamey Member Posts: 239
    edited March 2019

Just for comparison, this is the bath from the nüCamp Cirrus 920 truck camper.  The toilet is offset so it doesn't have to be straddled to be nearer the mirror. I also see a fold down towel rack on the right and a storage compartment on the left for more items. I wonder about the slow draining problem some fold down sinks have experienced. 

These two photos are from the 400. The bathroom is larger still with the toilet completely offset to the side and storage above the sink. I can't see any towel racks. 

Both these baths can be accessed in the middle of the night without sliding a door open and entering someone's bedroom; and washing up and changing clothes can be done in private behind a solid door.
       T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    The fold down sink...same problems forthcoming as in the 400...?
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Roamey said:
    Nice!  Loved the reclining bed, reminds me of the reclining seat in the 320. Still don't get the bath. It's a big camper, where is everyone going to keep hand towels, wash cloths, and bath towels while using them?  There isn't even a solid, flat door available to hang things on. 
    There are towel racks built into the camper.

The bathroom part of the video is around the 4:25 mark: 

https://youtu.be/-g9UwMgLJic

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    edited March 2019
    One in the shower and none in the bathroom?  For a 27' camper?  At least one wash cloth, hand towel, and bath towel per person with a place to hang between uses seems like a basic minimum to me. I usually make do with less, despite the disbelief of DW. 

This is DW, grudgingly making do with one, large rack. 
       T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    No, one in the shower and one in the bathroom. Also, plenty of built-in storage to not need to add any to the shower or bathroom.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    4ncar said:
    They fixed the problem. They actually proactively fixed it in every 400 at uCamp, last year. If people have not had the fix done, they should reach out to their dealers.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    The storage is great, we need to be able to hang things to air and dry between uses. Extra storage can be found in the tow vehicle. The bathroom space is necessary for daily washing (not necessarily showering) and also the changing room for privacy.   For us, it is an important space when camping. 
    If you bring a child and friend camping and the friend needs the bathroom at night or is an early riser, he or she would have to open the privacy slide and come into your bedroom to use the bath. Plus those glass doors don't look like they offer the privacy of a solid door. I just think there is room for improvement. 
       T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Did I miss mention of solar? Do 2 6V batteries with an inverter offer sufficient power and/or is this product really not aimed at campers who boondock? It is luxurious for roughing it.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    jkjenn said:
    4ncar said:
    They fixed the problem. They actually proactively fixed it in every 400 at uCamp, last year. If people have not had the fix done, they should reach out to their dealers.
    @jkjenn, actually at üCamp18, the shower faucets in the T@B 400’s were reworked to replace a metric to standard adapter that could possibly have caused s leak into the closet. It worked. Mine was reworked two times (I think the paperwork didn’t show that Marvin fixed it while I was getting my walk-thru.)

Nothing was done to the 400’s sink at üCamp18. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    @Roamey, I think the privacy door is a highly, lacquered composite that is shiny, not glass.  I agree they could use another privacy slide on the bedroom side of the bathroom area.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Verna said:
    jkjenn said:
    4ncar said:
    @jkjenn, actually at üCamp18, the shower faucets in the T@B 400’s were reworked to replace a metric to standard adapter that could possibly have caused s leak into the closet. It worked. Mine was reworked two times (I think the paperwork didn’t show that Marvin fixed it while I was getting my walk-thru.)

Nothing was done to the 400’s sink at üCamp18. 
    Ah, I must have misunderstood what I was told. Thanks for clearing that up!

• Options
    @Sharon_is_SAM,  thank you, I can't tell how transparent the doors are. Adding that second slider would also provide a nice dressing room area between the shower and toilet. Also need a dedicated light switch and how about a sliding towel rack door a la sliding pantry...
       T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    edited March 2019
    Not sure the towels would dry if you closed up the sliding rack, but I like the idea.  Maybe just a few more towel rings.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Oh, didn't I say towel rack heater? 😁
       T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world