Options

So much To Learn....

After reading about the importance of regulating the water pressure to a T@B, I bought an adjustable Camco pressure regulator with a gauge.  I hooked it up to a water source and turned the water on.  Water flows  but the gauge showed a pressure of about 1 psi.  OK, I must have it hooked up backwards.  Reversed everything and then it tried to read negative pressure.  Then the epiphany!  The gauge reads static pressure and NOT dynamic pressure.  OK, I put a cap on the end of the gauge and now I get a reading of 54 psi--the pressure at the house.  Camco says this gauge is factory preset to 45 psi.  The guy who set mine must have been dyslexic.  Have any of you had to reset your pressure regulators?  It looks like a trivial procedure--just turn a screw--but am I missing something in this hydraulics course?

Comments

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I've had pressure regulators fail (good bronze ones). I have had them be preset at 35psi. I've had one set at 45 psi. The *max* pressure is 50 psi. A regulator should be slightly less than that. Methinks the dewd writing the preset in the manual was dyslexic or um, perhaps it was Friday and he wanted to go CAMPING!! :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)