electric outlets on CS-S

I am looking to purchase CS-S model.   as I am looking at photos and comparing it to the S model,  I notice the CS-S   did not have power outlet by the dresser,below the radio.   while this outlet seem to be available on the S model.  

this seem to be a natural location to have an outlet..   big counter space,  this is nice place to charge electronic.    

how hard it is to add one?   has anyone done that yet?   

I really think nucamp should have it from the factory just like the S..   maybe a 2019 improvement ?

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,482
    We had them add a 110 outlet on the wall with the tank monitor at build.  I think the S models have the outlet on the underside of the far left cabinet.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • mrericmreric Member Posts: 154
    We had them add a 110 outlet on the wall with the tank monitor at build.  I think the S models have the outlet on the underside of the far left cabinet.  
    i saw your post,  i love the modification they did for you.  that seem to be a proper location for it.   on the wall.  I am looking at an older stock 2018  and it does not have outlet there.     but it seem that sometime in late 2018  they added the plugs.  

• geekmamageekmama Member Posts: 107
    I got a very early 2018 CS-S (in 2017) and the pictures showed the outlet under the radio, but didn't have it when it arrived so NuCamp put it in for free. I was assuming that they were changing the design to have the outlets there so I might write to them and check to see if the outlets are now standard there. I do use them all the time.
    Aileen, Muggles & Scout @ 2018 T@b CS-S @ 2018 RAV4 Adventure @ Massachusetts
    the one i am looking at actually is one built in 2017 -   i am guessing the model you got was also built in 2017 as 2018 model.  seem that either is some built inconstancy or there was  certain date when they started on add the plugs
    Not unusual for nuCamp to add or change something in the middle of a model year.  The 2018 models started April 2017.
    any idea or has anyone added outlet to the t@b.   how hard was it to fish the wires from another outlet?   the dealer here in so cal only has one T@b and it is the color i want
    Enter "Add 110 outlets" in the search box above and there are a lot of discussions.
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited October 2018
    mreric said:
    any idea or has anyone added outlet to the t@b.   how hard was it to fish the wires from another outlet?   the dealer here in so cal only has one T@b and it is the color i want
    If you are a handyman there are various means of accomplishing this.  The issue with the CS is the shower.  You will have to work to get a wire beneath it and there isn’t a lot of room between the wall.  The best spot for an outlet is in the Jensen cabinet on the bottom side of the cabinet.  Another option would be to drill a hole through the floor and bring it out and back into the trailer in conduit.  But if the trailer has the protective covering beneath the trailer it will need to be removed to gain access to this area.  And then there are the holding tanks beneath the trailer to consider and get around.  Wiring could be placed in flexible tubing if you did decide to exit the trailer.  

Wiring can can be run, it’s just the approach you decide to take and there is also existing wiring runs and cable between the converter, outlet, etc. and where you want to install the outlet.   It will take some diligence and patience and the floor area is tight, so you will be on your knees and it’s uncomfortable.  You get my drift!   ;)
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • mannymanny Member Posts: 108
    Hi, @mreric I have a 2017 CS-S  Build 7-2016..  I upgraded when I ordered mine. I eliminated the sink in the shower. Had sink put in counter above the cabinets,that are know std.  they put a 110v. outlet  under the Jensen ..  Ihad them install a 110v plug on opposite wall by door too..  They tapped in to the outlet under the Jensen  ran to other side thourgh cabinet.. good luck finding want you what..
    2017  T@B CS-S Max ...  2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E