Options

My Favorite Towing Vehicle!

teztabteztab Member Posts: 99
Here's my favorite tv.  Not for extended trips, of course, but pretty good on gas and great for maneuvering the Tab around the property! 😊  Actually, the three point hitch does make the Deere very useful since I can quickly hook up and and easily raise and lower the tongue for various tasks under the Tab.

Comments

• Options
    JanandDaveJanandDave Member Posts: 119
    @teztab

Hi. Love the platform under the tub. Been working on something similar with a newer tub and am wondering what you used for materials for the platform. Thx
    2016 T@B 320 Max S  "T@BsentMinded"
    2009 Subaru Outback R 3.0
    2022 Ford Ranger XLT Super Cab

• Options
    That is pressure treated marine ply covered with diamond plate.  It includes a lift up front section to access storage inside the tongue and marine grab bars for tie down.  I also have a wind-down skinny donut spare wheel under there.  I did do a  modifications posting on it a few months ago that you should be able to search.  It all works very well.  Let me know if you cannot find the previous posting...
  • Options
    LuckyjLuckyj Member Posts: 286
    teztab said:
    Here's my favorite tv.  Not for extended trips, of course, but pretty good on gas and great for maneuvering the Tab around the property! 😊  Actually, the three point hitch does make the Deere very useful since I can quickly hook up and and easily raise and lower the tongue for various tasks under the Tab.
    Love the TV.  I move my T@G around the yard with a JD 420, also with rear 3 point attachement.

love the front loader, is it home made?  Look simple.  Are you using the front hose output and the front attachement mount?

2017 T@G Max Outback "Le Refuge"
    TV 2005 jeep TJ unlimited
    and/or 2005 Nissan X-Trail 4wd
    Alaskan Malamuthe on board!

Les Escoumins and Petite-Riviere-St-Francois QC
  • Options
    Hi @Luckyj
    That's my JD 445 and I also have a 425.  The FEL is a Little Buck Loader, to which I fitted a Piranha tooth bar.  The Little Buck is made by a small Illinois business and works really well.  It hooks to the front hydraulics and mounts directly to the frame without needing to use the JD quick attach.  For me, it does everything a JD loader would do.  If you are interested in seeing more, I have a Youtube channel (Tesser52) with about a dozen videos on JD rebuild, attachments, mods, etc.  In fact,  Little Buck have their web site linking to a couple of my videos!
  • Options
    teztab said:
    Hi @Luckyj
    That's my JD 445 and I also have a 425.  The FEL is a Little Buck Loader, to which I fitted a Piranha tooth bar.  The Little Buck is made by a small Illinois business and works really well.  It hooks to the front hydraulics and mounts directly to the frame without needing to use the JD quick attach.  For me, it does everything a JD loader would do.  If you are interested in seeing more, I have a Youtube channel (Tesser52) with about a dozen videos on JD rebuild, attachments, mods, etc.  In fact,  Little Buck have their web site linking to a couple of my videos!
    Vid links would be nice!  You can send them to private message if you want!

thanks for the info!  :)

• Options
    Luckyj said:

When I go to your profile from my phone, @Luckyj , I see no PM button.  However, here is a link to one of my JD vids:  https://youtu.be/tOpNTIvF0tM
    Then you can click on Tesser52 to access all 15 vids on my channel...

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Ha! I use our 3pt hitch for aid in draining the freshwater for winter, as well! Tilt up, tilt down, tilt up, tilt down... ;)

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    ChanW said:
    Ha! I use our 3pt hitch for aid in draining the freshwater for winter, as well! Tilt up, tilt down, tilt up, tilt down... ;)

Exactly what I did @ChanW ! But you're color coordinated - very nice! 😊
  • Options
    Ha! You're right, and we didn't even try!

I'm sure that's what my DW planned...

(I'm always out of the loop)
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Seems like you have a Ford 600 from the fifties, @ChanW , so I just assumed you ordered the Tab in gray and red to match..!  😊  Your combination looks good, but I don't think I'd want my Tab in John Deere green..! 😁
  • Options
    No, haven't seen nary a one green Tab!

It's a '58 800 series, 860 to be precise, but it really deserves more love than I've been able to give. Maybe this winter it will get that clutch rebuild that it sorely needs. (Of course, that will be after I reorganize the Tab's battery/propane compartment... - priorities!)
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    teztab said:
    Luckyj said:

When I go to your profile from my phone, @Luckyj , I see no PM button.  However, here is a link to one of my JD vids:  https://youtu.be/tOpNTIvF0tM
    Then you can click on Tesser52 to access all 15 vids on my channel...

This is very cool!  Thank you.  I will look at them.

as for a message, you can simply go to the message  tag and once in, you begin to type my name in the name box, and it should appear.  this is how I message people.

again, thank you!