Another trip and another problem

On our 6th trip in our 400 and another problem.  Hooked up to water at campground and the fresh water tank filled up.  Looks like maybe the check valve on the pump may be bad?  Wonder how many issues we have to have under warranty before some sort of lemon rule kicks in.
BigGrover
2019 T@b 400 Boondock Lite
2018 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi
Central Alabama

Comments

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    @BigGrover have you asked NuCamp that question? I think it’s a valid one to ask. Good luck!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • BigGroverBigGrover Member Posts: 450
    As a matter of fact I emailed Nucamp Warranty and Tech support before making this post.  At this point I am willing to let them have it back and pay the equivalent of a restocking fee just to be out of an ongoing aggravating situation.
    BigGrover
    Central Alabama
  • PamandJohnUpNorth2PamandJohnUpNorth2 Member Posts: 141
    edited October 2018
    @BigGrover I feel your frustration. There is a thread on this forum that may be of interest and shed some light on what may be occurring. In case you haven't already found it the link is below:
    Were you using a pressure reducing valve for the incoming city water? If no, that would be a problem. If yes, then the the problem is likely the pump itself which would be under warranty I would believe and is readily replaced. 
    Hope that helps pending a response from NuCamp tech/warranty.
    Pam and John
    Champlin, Minnesota
    2018 T@B400 and a 2018 Ridgeline 

Actually using 2 one at the faucet and one at the inlet to the trailer. It is just an 85 mile drive, one way, to the dealership. I have had a number of issues and have had to go in after the dealership has made "repairs" that I have had to fix after they worked on it.  One being the door replacement and the other a shower leak repair.  The water pump is in a location that I just won't be able to do myself.  At 70 years of age and having poor vision there are just some things I can't do now that I could do even 10 or 15 years ago. I bought my T@b based on a lot of research and reports of good quality but just seem to have one of the bad ones that got through the production line.
    BigGrover
    Central Alabama
    Just to add, I am not new to RV's.  This is our 6th since 1986 and has been the one with the most issues while still under warranty. The least troublesome was a Jayco pop up we had 10 years without a single problem.  It had roof AC and a bath with shower.  The next was a Flagstaff.
    BigGrover
    Central Alabama
  • tabiphiletabiphile Member Posts: 426
    @BigGrover , you've certainly had your share of problems. It may be possible that many T@B owners are first time camper owners and willing to put up with quite a bit of  factory/dealership non-sense. Water pump/water problems seem to be a very common theme on this forum and seemingly a real weak link in the T@B product. You need to call the factory and express your disappointment and make sure that they understand your situation. The idea that these are "new model shakeout" problems is absurd. A company that has control over new product introductions doesn't subject customers to bad doors, crooked floors, leaky showers and windows and bad water pumps. They may be good at reacting to problems but how good are they at avoiding them? Call...and do it soon...
    To put this in perspective, your dealership should easily be able to correct the water pump issue and that should be your expectation.
    Tabiphile, you and I have the same sentiment.  My problem is it is A 170 mile round trip to my dealer.
    BigGrover
    Central Alabama
  • falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 754
    @tabiphile
    @BigGrover
    I agree with you both.  And, I am underwhelmed by the knowledge and apparent abilities of the dealers (three different ones) I have spoken with.  I have spoken with NuCamp and am told they have embarked (or soon will embark) on a training program for dealers.  Of course, much depends on the willingness of the dealers to
    participate.

• gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 506
    Even the big class A motor homes have had this same overflow problem. I have seen many times tank over flow vents pouring out water in RV parks. To me the problem is not so much the RV manufacturer but the engineering of the water system. With proper check valves this could be avoided. I have seen the check balls made of plastic instead of stainless steel. Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
    I contacted CEO Scott Hubble via FB Messenger about our numerous issues.  He responded back with a very well worded, appropriate response and is  going to contact his service folks and arrange some "white glove" service. At this point in time with the botched job the dealer did on my door replacement I am thinking a trip to the factory would be the only possible chance for a fix if they could even get it right. This would require  significant changes to our plans for wintering in Florida with our T@b but really need things fixed.  Including the water pump etc.
    BigGrover
    Central Alabama