Options

Interior Light Issue

Hey everyone, I am new here but have owned my 2004 T@B for sometime now. The last trip we went own I noticed that the driver side interior light in the back of the teardrop wasn't working.  I thought, no big deal I just need to get a new bulb and it will be fine. I got a replacement bulb and that didn't do the trick. I pulled a bulb out of one of the lights that was working, thinking that maybe I just go the wrong bulb, but that still didn't work. I've have checked the connections behind the unit and everything looks fine there and the other two interior lights are working just fine I am here looking for any possible solutions to this problem.

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,435
    edited December 2018
    Sounds like it could be the fixture itself. If you have a multimeter that can test for continuity, you could pull the fixture and make sure the connecting wires are actually making contact with the terminals in the socket when the switch is on.
    While you have the fixture off, you could also use the multimeter to test for 12V DC at the leads. It's possible there is another connection to that particular light that has come loose somewhere upstream.
    I'm not familiar with the exact fixtures in the older T@B, so I can't be more specific than that.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    babyruthless87babyruthless87 Member Posts: 3
    Yeah I was gonna try that but they are so close the walls I don't have a screwdriver that will fit in there to get the unit off.
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    edited December 2018
    If you have the original semi-circle lights with the push button switches. The switch has probably gone bad. I replaced all my interior fixtures with the same ones NuCamp is using now with rocker switches. The new ones are also LED. Easy two-wire replacement. The holes in the wall aren't exactly the same, but not really noticeable.

Getting the old fixtures off is not easy. You pretty much have to break the globes to get them off.

Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 930
    edited December 2018
    Try cycling the switch a bunch of times letting it snap back after pushing.  Sometimes a little oxidation on the switch contacts will cause problems and the cycling will clean it off.  A little electronic contact cleaner sprayed in around the button will help this process.

There are right angle screw drivers that will access the side screws easily.

CRAFTSMAN-Offset-Screwdriver-3-pc-Set-Bent-Right-Angle-USA-41316
    OR

Have fun!
    Bob

• Options
    babyruthless87babyruthless87 Member Posts: 3
    Perfect thank you guys. I’m heading out on a trip today for the weekend but will prob try to tackle that when we return.