Options

2019 T@B 400 price increase next year?

Is this true? If so its a bummer since I'm going to order a new one in January. Anybody heard about this and if so how much of an increase?
2019 T@B 400 Silver/Black
2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax oil burner
Tampa, Florida

Comments

• Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    Probably true, I am told prices have increased twice in 2018, the most recent this month. Not sure how much as I haven't seen the new MSRP, only the selling quote on one I am ordering and I have $2500+ in options. My best guess is after the increase the out the door price with zero options is going to be around $29k for a decent deal.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,419
    Don't know any specifics, but the price on most everything else goes up annually, so it should come as no surprise.
    It's kind of a moot point, however, as there is no such thing as true MSRP when it comes to campers, and most don't even carry a price tag from the manufacturer. The factory sets their price to the dealer, and the dealer sets their price to you. And of course, everything is subject to negotiation.  ;-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2018
    The prices are increasing due to the trade tariffs.  I work for the US International trade Commission and we had the Steel and Aluminum associations filing lawsuits against the tariffs because it was causing American companies to have to raise prices on American goods. They literally parked a pontoon boat and an Airstream trailer in front of our building with signs showing how much more they have to charge for the various components due to the tariffs.  The representative joked that now they have to tell customers "The MSRP is $55k, but I can let you have it for $60k. There are new tariffs on just about every piece used to build RVs to include the lumber.
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Part of the price increase could also be due to the upgraded Alde system with the new Alde heat feature. (3020 vs 3010). Still worth the price in our mind!  Love our 2018 400!!
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab