Options

2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite water heater drain

I just purchased a 2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite (12/13/2018).  I need to winterize the unit.  I found two low point drains, but I can not find out how to drain the hot water heater.  I looked at some you tube and saw that the 2018 has three (3) low point drains.  Thanks for your help. 

Comments

• Options
    NorthIsUpNorthIsUp Member Posts: 170
    Take a look at https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/104491 for a good discussion of what you're looking for. I have the same model and posted a photo of what you need.
    Jean & Arnie  No. Nevada
    2019 T@B 400 BL
    2021 Toyota Sequoia 4WD

• Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    edited December 2018
    @GrayGhost the two yellow valves in @NorthIsUp's photos deal with the Alde system.  The valve on the blue line drains the input water line to the water heater.  The valve on the red line serves two functions: It drains the output lines from the water heater (thus draining the water heater) and also serves as a pressure relief valve like the pop-off valve on your home water heater.  I'll bet that someone told your dealer that the pressure relief valve was dumping water under the trailer (as it is supposed to do when the water temp and/or pressure is too high) so they solved the problem by removing it--and, in trying to outthink the engineers at Alde and nuCamp, decide to remove them on all the units they sell.  Not to worry, when the water jacket around the glycol ruptures the pressure will be automatically reduced!!  Were I you I would run quickly to the dealer and demand he reinstall those valves--you DO need them and they don't "leak."  

• Options
    GrayGhostGrayGhost Member Posts: 23
    Thanks everyone for your answers.  I too have been following the "Travels With Delaney" video dealing with winterization. Patrick has a T@B 400 with an Alde 3010. Patrick has three (3) low point drain lines, as seen in his video.  I only have two (2).  I do have the pressure relief valves as shown in NorthIsUp photo.  I was just looking for the third low point line for the water heater.  I have installed the by pass valve near the water pump. I just need to dump the water heater and put the water heater in by pass before pumping antifreeze into the system. NuCamp must have made a change in the 2019 model vs the 2018 model as on Patrick's T@B.
  • Options
    Awca12aAwca12a Member Posts: 286
    I picked up my unit a day later than you and my dealer said that new trailers are shipped winterized already.  They pump fluid thru all units and then reclaim it which is why you don’t have pink stuff in your lines.  This way they get out any possibility of water and reuse the fluid.  If true, I see no reason to rewinterize unless you’ve put water in yours after taking it home. 
    F150 Pulling 2019 T@B400 BDL
  • Options
    GrayGhostGrayGhost Member Posts: 23
    Thank you.  My dealer had the water tank full of water and the alde running.  They showed me that everything was working and then drained the lines while we were finalizing the purchase.  Now it needs winterized. 
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    @GrayGhost, please post some pictures.  NuCamp does change things up grom time to time.  In general you should have a fresh water tank drain behind the driver’s side wheel, a cold water plumbing drain and a hot water plumbing drain which I believe the 400 Alde hot water tank pressure relief valve/drain valve has been incorporated.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio