Options

TAB400 2019 Wiring & Electrical Details

We installed a Victron BMV-712 battery monitor today and in the process learned that there is a black 2” electrical conduit running from the far left side of the sink and coming out just behind the corner panel under the TV where the electrical outlet is.  This was a welcome surprise but it came after spending 2 hours removing various panels trying to find a path from the lightning switch panel by the front door to the battery compartment under the bed.  So the purpose of this post is to give an assist to whomever might be trying to add equipment or understand the electrical pathways and to give a place for others to add their insights.  

Another observation was that the battery switch doesn’t turn off the inverter as it bypasses the main wiring harness and goes directly to the battery.  

After trying to access the batteries to install the Victron battery sensor, I gave up realizing it wasn’t meant to be disturbed.  If you must get there, figure it will take over an hour and a small cup of screws.  Just couldn’t figure out how to disconnect the battery vent tube after loosening the hose clamp.  I will say this trailer is built well with sturdy screws and quality wood.  Wish it came with a service manual and wiring diagrams as that would save a significant amount of time. Hopefully others here can add what they know or find out.  I’ve started a wiring diagram but that will take a long while to sort out.  
F150 Pulling 2019 T@B400 BDL

Comments

• Options
    Awca12aAwca12a Member Posts: 286
    edited January 2019
    Trying to sort out how the wiring harnesses are arranged so I can add some tank heaters.   While working on the battery monitor, I had to make an awful hand-written schematic.  Fortunately WFCO provides a good schematic for their 8955 so I labeled that as a starting point.  It is posted here.   If someone knows how the line voltage circuits on the left side of this should be marked, please chime-in.    Use at your own risk.  I'm just passing along what I'm figuring out as I go but I could be wrong.

F150 Pulling 2019 T@B400 BDL
  • Options
    BigGroverBigGrover Member Posts: 450
    @AWCA I just got through reading your electrical and wiring section of the Unofficial T@b 400 manual.  I could not find any issues with it.  I was surprised to see that the TV and Radio has a 15 Amp fuse and the Alde/Cool Cat is only 7.5. I know the Alde unit itself has its own additional mounted fuses, I wonder about the Cool Cat.  These lower 12 Volt fuses must just be for the control panel.
    BigGrover
    2019 T@b 400 Boondock Lite
    2018 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi
    Central Alabama