Options

Awning for Tab 400

We have a near-new awning for our Tab 320, and are considering upgrading to a Tab 400. I've read that the 320 awnings won't fit the 400, but was curious as to why - does it have to do with the size of the keder rail? 

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    I doubt the keder rails are different, but since the 400 is taller and longer, I think the awning for that model incorporates additional material in order to cover the wider space. You might be able to make it fit, but its footprint (and relative effectiveness) will be reduced.
    Hopefully someone with experience with both can confirm this.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Your 320 visor will work as long as it is the XL model. I kept my 320 XL visor and I will use it on the bathroom side of the 400 as the summer heat gets here.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    BigBlueBigBlue Member Posts: 14
    That's helpful, thanks! It is the XL so hopefully should work with the 400. @Verna, was the upgrade worth it in your opinion? We like the separate sleeping options for the 400 but have not spent much time in one.  
  • Options
    @BigBlue, I have been living in my 400 Boondock Lite full time since late July with my 12 lb Shih Tzu. I have not regretted the purchase once. After having had two teardrops and the T@B S Max, this is the one Camper I’ll keep for a long time. The bathroom is luxuriously large, the extra countertop prep area in the kitchen is great!  I love the window placement and the choice of window blinds (take your time with the front and back window shades, use two hands and they are fine). The dog loves the extra room, but she is still hesitant about jumping to the floor because she had to be so careful of the slippery floor in the other T@B. This floor is so cushiony and it is much easier to keep clean than you expect. Give it time, and it will grow on you. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    @BigBlue, you asked a question about the awning. Are you actually referring to the visor?  I believe both are available for both T@B models.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    @ScottG, you are entirely correct. Somehow I read “visor”, but @BigBlue did say “awning”. 

Sorry, @BigBlue, the 320 “awning” will NOT fit the 400 due to the big difference in size. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Yep, but I don't think there is such a thing as an XL awning. I suspect we are talking about the visor and your advice still holds!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    JdcoupleJdcouple Member Posts: 96
    @Verna, do you have a picture of that awning on your 400? I'd like to see it. Never even thought of using it on the rear. 

2017 T@B Outback, 2000 Excursion V10 4x4

• Options
    @ScottG and Verna, you're right in that I was thinking of the awning (and it only came in one size). Sorry to hear it won't work on the 400! 
  • Options
    @Jdcouple, I haven’t put the extra visor on the driver’s side, but I intend to do that when needed. 

Here’s a photo of my solid red Paha Que Visor XL for the 400

Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
  • Options
    Thank you. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN