Options

Frame mount tongue box experience?

Does anybody have any experience with frame mounted tongue boxes for in front of the battery box?
Teardrop shop has one that I'm interested in but it requires drilling a bunch of holes in the trailer frame. Anybody have any experience with this type of box, and any advice on whether it is OK to drill a bunch of holes in the frame?

Thanks!
Matt

T@B 320S & CSS Tongue Box

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,510
    Search “sewer hose storage” as that is why this mod was created by a former TaB owner.  See below.

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/7688/sewer-hose-storage#latest
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    VikingsVikings Member Posts: 147
    Matt, I presume the photos you posted depict the  'box' you are considering.
    This got my attention as I created my own sewer hose storage that is essentially the same as the Tear Drop Shop product (which they produced after a Forum member came up with the idea?). 
    I also watched their installation instruction video. 
    Bottomline...looks like a great product, and instructions very good.  You won't have a problem drilling holes.  It is soft steel.  And the the trailer will be fine. 

Kim & Mary Kay,  2016 CS-S,  Spokane, WA

Map of Provinces I Visited

• Options
    Thanks for the feedback! It looks like a good product and a good use of that space.
     I'm not worried about doing the actual drilling, I was more concerned with the structural impact of drilling a bunch of holes at the top/bottom of the C-channel for the trailer frame. I wonder if it's worth reaching out to NuCamp for feedback? 
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Check your warranty with nüCamp/trailer frame manufacturer. They had talked about adding a disclaimer about holes drilled in the frame. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    VikingsVikings Member Posts: 147
    If extra holes required by this conversion were a significant problem, even a minor problem, I doubt Tear Drop Shop would be selling these kits.  Just my opinion, "no warranty implied." ;-)  
    Kim & Mary Kay,  2016 CS-S,  Spokane, WA

Map of Provinces I Visited