Options

Sewer hose storage

JdcoupleJdcouple Member Posts: 96
edited September 2018 in Modifications & Upgrades
Finally got this completed. Been a project that got put on the back burner for a while between moving and life. 

2017 T@B Outback, 2000 Excursion V10 4x4

Comments

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Did fab this yourself? Nice work either way, and it fits the boondock! 
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    Yes. Thank you. It was the best way I figured to store the "crapper" hose. Lol

• Options
    I didn't want to hang a pipe under the frame. And I didn't like the idea of putting it on the OutBack rack (draining....gross) lol

• Options
    @Jdcouple The only drawback I can imagine is it would make a change out to a jackeup type of jack impossible, due to the three bolt design. Does that seem right to you? 

• Options
    No. I welded the pin out of the way of the bracket. I'll send a pic when I get home.

• Options
    Thanks @Jdcouple. Is there space for the 15’ hose, elbow and caps?

• Options
    edited September 2018
    @jgram2 there might be room but it would be tight. I have a 10 footer that works great. If I get the chance to try a 15 footer I'll let ya know. 

• Options
    The pin is welded past the bracket so you could replace the jack stand. But you couldn't use a Jack E Up. 

• Options
    Thanks much @Jdcouple. This may replace our red bucket, if I can convince our metal fab friend he needs the work!

• Options
    ELKELK Member Posts: 213
    Nice. I just stuff mine into the battery box!\

2015 T@B Max S.  TV: 2015.5 Volvo XC70. 
  • Options
    I was stuffing it in to the front box until I lost one. I was putting it in the back of a truck till I lost one. I was putting it in a trash bag (most recent) puke! We will see. This might not be perfect either. Lol but it's perdy and only cost me about $30 (had scraps of dimond plate and expanded metal left over from another project). Someone used to sell a kit for doing this and it was really nice but really expensive.

• Options
    And it was and it wasn’t for a boondock.

• Options
    @jgram2 this is 2 10ft sections with elbow that I got at Walmart. It's a little tight but 20 ft of crapper hose..... Not bad. Lol

• Options
    And a photo to prove it happened! Thanks again, @Jdcouple, very nice solution for the Boondock (Outback) models!

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Jdcouple said:
    I didn't want to hang a pipe under the frame. And I didn't like the idea of putting it on the OutBack rack (draining....gross) lol
    Do you not use end caps?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    BlueespyBlueespy Member Posts: 151
    Nice fix, unfortunately, we have a 320 CS-S so that area is where our spare is.  I did find a solution.  I mounted it under the tongue and painted it black.  It's about 1" lower than my black/gray connector.  Here are the parts - I decided NOT to add the gutter pull out.
    Sewer Storage
    1 Gatehouse Arborley 5x5x96 White Fence Post $24.97  #17708(Outside in the garden fence section)
    1 Genova 4 1/2 inch White Vinyl Gutter $6.47 #12066 (Inside lumber section)
    1 Gatehouse 5x5 White Pyramid Post Top $ 3.10  # 87410 (With the post in garden section)
    1 Fiberon 4x4 White Composite Post Cap $1.98  #100437 (With the post in garden section)
    2 USP1 1/4 x 24 inch Light Capacity Strap $1.53 Each #51572 (Across from vinyl gutters)
    Rubber Washers
    Rubber or installation between the straps and fence post

2019 T@B 400 BDL
    2020 Ford F-150 XLT (V-8)
    Niceville, Florida
  • Options
    klengerklenger Member Posts: 307
    ^^ Picture please
    T@B 320 manuals and electrical drawings
    Considering a 2023 TaB 400 with the full Lithium option, 
    2022 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude, Tow Package.  
  • Options
    mrericmreric Member Posts: 154
    i added two ridged tool boxes in the front on top of each other.   the CSS seem to need more tongue weight anyways 
  • Options
    BlueespyBlueespy Member Posts: 151
    For Klenger.  Here is a side photo of our setup.  To be honest, this view is not flattering but up close it looks like a factory install.  We've been on two trips since I installed it and it's worked great.  We are trading this 320 CS-S for a new 2019 400 boondock that we hope to take delivery of in April.  The new 400 has the spare mounted under the tongue, so I'll have to look for a new location to mount the sewer storage tube.  I remember seeing someone had mounted exactly where I did in the photo but on top of the tongue.  FYI, the 400 doesn't come with the platform, but our dealer found a craftsman who will make a custom aluminum for us.  

2019 T@B 400 BDL
    2020 Ford F-150 XLT (V-8)
    Niceville, Florida
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    edited February 2019
    @Blueespy, just a note. The reason the 400 does not have a platform is that they are tongue heavy. Tongue weights are reported as high as 450+ lbs dry. Adding a platform and cargo to that may exceed any safety margin built in to tongue weight/frame capacity, although I am not an engineer.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    klengerklenger Member Posts: 307
    I ended up taking a rather severe modification to all storage on the a-frame and I am very pleased with the final outcome.  I just finished it today.  Check out the pictures at the link below.  These pictures are before it was complete, but you can get the idea.  It's a rather pricey mod and took a fair amount of work to finish it. but that's the way I roll.  Sewer hose storage is between the tool chest and the front of the trailer.  It fits perfectly and is almost totally out of sight.  http://www.klenger.net/storage.html
    T@B 320 manuals and electrical drawings
    Considering a 2023 TaB 400 with the full Lithium option, 
    2022 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude, Tow Package.  
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited February 2019
    @Blueespy , [IF YOUR ENTRY ABOVE WAS A PREVIOUSLY DATED "CUT AND PASTE," YOU CAN DISREGARD THIS POST]:  I do not own a 400, but nüCamp has added a sewer hose storage tube to the 2019 model.  From what I have surmised from reading posts on it, it spans the width of the camper near the back end in a lower compartment.  Others can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it is contained between the two sidewalls of the camper and includes screw on/off covers at each end of the tube.  It will hold a 15' Rhinoflex hose and attachments.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)