Options

Replacing countertop?

We have a 2017 320S. We really liked the look of the Sofitel model, but decided to go with the base model instead. Our favorite upgrade in the Sofitel is the stainless steel sink with the glass top. So, we bought one from Elsie with the intention of cutting a new countertop and installing it (we currently have the basic plastic sink that comes with the base model 320).

We're about ready to get started on this project and I was wondering if anyone has done anything similar? Anyone removed the countertop? How difficult was it? 

My basic plan is to remove the window and door screens, cut the caulk, take out the stove, and look for screws holding the countertop down. For the new countertop, we'll be buying a piece of plywood or MDF and cutting it to fit, with new cutouts for the stainless sink and the existing stovetop. 

If anyone has any thoughts or concerns, I'd love to hear them! Thanks so much.

-Tiffany

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Sounds like a cool project! Can't wait to see photos.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Tiffany, just a note. The plastic sink has an offset drain and the stainless sink has a center drain. The plumbing lines will not match, so there will be a bit of adjustment to be made. I am going to suggest while doing the plumbing you install a hep-v-O waterless trap under the sink. The space saving is really worth the trouble since you will already be working in and altering the plumbing there. @Dalehelman has a thread with pictures, directions and hints regarding the installation of the trap. Good luck and happy modding!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.