Fridge with freezer for ICE??

CalldonCalldon Member Posts: 15
Since the refrigerator that comes with the 320s has no freezer for ice trays, is there another refrigerator that can be installed, that would fit that also has a freezer compartment for ice trays? That's my main hang up before I buy 320s. I like ice. What do you do for ice ❄? 

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    They make portable ice machines don’t they?  Or a good cooler and a bag of ice😊
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • brooksdmbrooksdm Member Posts: 11
    My little fridge has a tiny freezer but we never use it.  We do have small ice trays just sitting in there empty.  Not enough to make a good amount of ice anyway.  We always take a cooler with ice.  Most campgrounds have ice also.  
    2016 T@B Max CS-S, 2017 Nissan Pathfinder
  • Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    Another option is a small ARB portable frig just for the ice and/or frozen foods. While I have a 50 quart ARB in addition to the Norcold, I find using a cheap $3 Styrofoam cooler just for ice works the best.  I usually leave the ARB at home if it's a weekend trip.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    One year when I traveled I started out with a pre chilled fridge and put 3 Nalgene bottles filled with water that I had frozen in my own freezer. They remained frozen throughout the trip. I have never had had success with loose ice.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• CalldonCalldon Member Posts: 15
    I always usually have a soft drink or iced tea or water in my car and Just Add Ice to it all day. I'm from the south and I like my beverages over ice. That's about my only complaint is no freezer for ice trays in the refrigerator.
  • klengerklenger Member Posts: 307
    Bagged ice in a cooler makes more sense for me.
    T@B 320 manuals and electrical drawings
    Considering a 2023 TaB 400 with the full Lithium option, 
    2022 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude, Tow Package.  
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    I’ve got the Igloo from Walmart and love it! I will drink more water when it’s iced so it’s an investment in my health so to speak. After two seasons it’s still working fine! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • kaylevine1kaylevine1 Member Posts: 165
    I've thought about getting one of those igloo counter top ice makers but then I read the reviews and they don't seem to last well

• 4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    I have an Indel B fridge/freezer(similar to the ARB that Tabz mentioned). I bought 2 little silicon ice trays for ice, but found that it made enough for 1 drink, then I had to wait a few hours for the next batch. I was looking to get a counter top ice maker, but was lamenting on the cost benifit. As luck would have it, my wife’s coworker had one she wasn’t using and GIFTED it to us! 😳I used it last trip and it worked great! More ice then I could use! Boondocking I’ll be back to slumming it, but if I have AC, I got ice!!🤩💥❄️🍸🎉
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • 2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    Have had the ice maker for 2 seasons... wouldn’t think of camping without it due to DH’s addiction to ice! :D
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 731
    edited June 2019
    @Calldon  I've heard pretty good reviews from those with countertop icemakers.  Even if they put a freezer in the 320S fridge it would be so small it wouldn't be worth it, at least for ice cubes anyway.  Would be nice for meats though.  Besides, I don't want to spend my entire weekend filling up endless water trays and waiting for hours for it to freeze.  I say get the countertop unit and run a genny when you want ice.  Those countertop units are supposed to make ice quite fast, like in 15 minutes.  Or use bag ice in a cooler--if the bag of cubes is on top of some frozen bottles or bricks of ice they last quite awhile--several days.
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!