Options

Just Got My Sofitel!!!!!

Hello T@B Forum Nation,

I just picked up my Sofitel yesterday (thanks to everyone who helped me overcome my worries).  It was awesome.  Once I stepped inside, I couldn't stop smiling and I'm still smiling now!

In one day, we've already learned a lot -- and yes, we've already had two mishaps the biggest of which is I broke the table trying to lift it.  Fortunately, we really didn't like the table anyway, so I'm not at all upset.

Back to the fun stuff.  We decided to camp out in the backyard  for convenience.   It was nice to have the safety of home just in case.  Fortunately, everything was great.  Everything worked great.

We have two dogs and one dog took to the trailer right away.  Actually he didn't want to leave it.  I have a feeling that he thinks it's a really big dog house just for him.

Our other dog, is not quite sure what to make of it so we're trying to cox her to come in our her own (see picture below.)

Any who, just wanted to share my first experience and a few photos with the forum.

Happy Camping!

PS:  In previous posts, I've given sales guys kind of a hard time, so I wanted to mention something that my sales guy did that was great.  Before I got the T@B, I had always driven small cars and considered myself unable to drive big ones.  Right before the T@B, I had a Mini Cooper.   I knew the Mini Cooper couldn't tow the T@B, so I got a Jeep Cherokee.  My plan was to have my friend always drive.  My sales guy, Brian from Beckely's Camping Center, said that we could not leave until I drove with the T@B.  I was super nervous, but I realized that he was right.  So, I drove as he guided my and gave me some pointers.   And, what do you know -- it was fun and I felt very comfortable.  So, now I plan to do at least half of the driving, and I know that if Brian had not insisted that I drive, I would never have driven it.

Comments

• Options
    Hans111Hans111 Member Posts: 47
    Loved reading your story tpurr. From the pics in your other post it looks like you've already made a wonderful tiny home!
    We're waiting on a Sofitel so it's fun to live vicariously and to read that you can't stop smiling.
    Enjoy a fantastic summer in your beautiful little T@B!
    Doug
    Des Moines Iowa
    2016 S Max Sofitel
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Congratulations...
    A shakedown in the back yard is good - I did a few days in two of my brothers driveways - got me out on the road but still in a controlled situation. Gave me practice setting up and tearing down before I hit the road.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Tpurr02: You can do it!!! Congrats on your Sofitel. It is beautiful. Yes, work out all of the kinks close to home and bookmark the forum.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    radrenradren Member Posts: 229
    Congratulations on your new edition! I am sure your T@B adventures will be amazing.
    The Mouse house and me