Another Newbie

Stalked the Tab forum for two years. Dreamed about owning my very own little Tabby.  Two weeks before my 70th birthday, I decided now or never!  Purchased 2018 Tab S.  I named her Bramasole (from the movie “Under the Tuscon Sun”).  I live in Florida and have taken Brammie out to 3 different state parks here in Fla. so far.  I love taking photos of wildlife, mostly birds and look forward to many more trips and finding a group that loves camping and nature.
Val, East Coast Central Fla.
2018 Tab S Bramasole
2016 Honda Odyssey Brownie

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    Welcome @Birdingran!  Sounds like you are all set to enjoy camping with your new toy!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited February 2019
    That’s great!  Happy camping and birding.  

Come on fellow Floridians, give the new T@B owner some company in the love of outdoors and birding. 

Good uck and keep on camping!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @Birdingran, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your trailer!  Not snowbirds here, but visit your state in July and August often. Many other Florida t@bbers out there and a few that are members of this forum. Adventures await.  Happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @Birdingran congratulations and welcome to the Tab family! Now or never was an important factor for me, too. I haven’t regretted it for a moment! Best wishes for many happy adventures in your journey! Oh, and as is said on this forum...pictures or it never happened.  :)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • BirdingranBirdingran Member Posts: 3
    Thank you all for the welcomes!  I love the positivity of this forum.  Now if I could just learn to back up.  Never towed anything in my life - haven’t camped for 40 years, since tent days with children and I’m having a ball.  Grateful and positive vibes back at ya !
    Val, East Coast Central Fla.
    2018 Tab S Bramasole
    2016 Honda Odyssey Brownie
  • PamandJohnUpNorth2PamandJohnUpNorth2 Member Posts: 141
    edited February 2019
    @Birdinggran Congratulations, and hats off to you for jumping into it. My wife had never done anything with a trailer before we purchased a 400. So she headed to an empty parking lot and spent a couple hours practicing and got the hang of it after a time - you will too. Short trailers are harder to back up than the big ones so don't be hard on yourself when the trailer isn't behaving the way you wish it to :)
    Pam and John
    Champlin, Minnesota
    2018 T@B400 and a 2018 Ridgeline 

• NCNativeNCNative Member Posts: 95
    Welcome, and congratulations! I love the name! Under the Tuscan Sun is such a great story!
    N@VENOTSE
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite   
    SF Bay Area